Stealth Thunder Fighter

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
As menioned earlier, Black becomes the TF, Next on the agenda that would be nice, are a sliding canopy, a tilt back canopy or a side tilt version. Kudos on a well done build.

Making canopies like what you mentioned, would not be that difficult to do. Just remember to make sure that the canopy parts are think enough to stand alone.

With the sliding canopy (this would be the easiest one), you just cut out all of the sections, assemble accordingly. Glue down the aft, middle, and fore sections in place, then just place the parts that are suppose to open in place.

The tilt back canopy, (of course) as before, you just cut out all of the sections, assemble accordingly, except with the center section, you need to attach the parts that open with hinges. Glue down the aft, middle, and fore sections in place

With the side tilt version, you can really only use this on the QUAD canopy (to have it look canon).
This canopy would be the most difficult to make because of how small the parts are, but it can be done.
You just cut out all of the sections, assemble accordingly, except with the side "hatches", you will need to attach them with hinges. Glue canopy in place, making curtain that the "hatches" can open properly.

For those who want to give it a try, I would like to see your own solutions for these three way to making a working canopy.

ASC Mclaren

Nov 18, 2011
Western Washington
I'm thinking of the sliding canopies from the show, although I had also considered a rear canopy setup like the F-84. An opening cockpit would allow tinted glazing and still show cockpit details. On the stealth color scheme, I think that dark tint glazing would look stunning with the ship all buttoned up.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
I am right now working on a tutorial on how to make the cockpit canopies funtionally open and close in the three different ways that I outlined above (both canon and non-canon).

I will post it soon.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 1, 2009
Vreden
Ha, now I found you!!! (I thought you would post it in the TF mods thread..!) Great build, buddy! :thumb::thumb::thumb: