Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Kjev

Kjev Member

I really like the "Vietnam Southeast Asia" scheme. Mainly because the "MO" is Mountain Home Air Force Base, if I remember correctly. Their F-111s used to fly down the canyon I lived in low enough you could see individual rivets on the plane, then roll up over the side of the canyon to get out. It was really impressive to watch.

ARMORMAN Guest

Kjev, did I ever send you my resume'??
  3. Paladin

Paladin Member

I'm tied between the Vietnam Camo scheme, and the 69th Mercenary Scheme.
  4. Kjev

Kjev Member

You did. Do you have an upgraded one? if so, send it.

Actually, I just met an individual the other day who builds paper model castles, and wants to get into mass producing kits. All my model terrain work has been one-off custom jobs, so I'm looking into what it would take. Give me a day or three and I'll see what I can come up with.
  5. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

i like the two schemes two, especially the tail art of the merc scheme!

am now producing a Talon Video, may take a while but i think i can finish in few weeks

ARMORMAN Guest

Finally, some pics!

Here's the cockpit with the final textures. I hope it was worth the wait.....:mrgreen:

Attached Files:

7. Paladin

Paladin Member

Very nice detail.
  8. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

sorry it's way too detailed....JK... lmao great job Mr Perry
  9. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

nice job there...

frakking nice.

it looks like its 1/72 isnt it?

ahm wonder if i could rig it to light up?(switches MFD's engine glow...)

anyways here is my new video with BSG music.

combat videos uploaded tomorrow.

ARMORMAN Guest

Scale is 1:48. Where's the link?
  11. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

12. widget

widget Member

13. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

ahm merry christmas, what happened to the project?

ARMORMAN Guest

It's not dead, but as with all things, life interrupts what you need to get done. I have been ripping apart the model to make it more buildable (and also, more pieces).

We also had an ice storm here and I had to abandon my car to walk the last two miles to my work place. I slipped and landed on my elbow, bruising some ribs, so each breath is a new experience in pain (don't even ask about getting in/out of bed, sneezing, or coughing). As I said in an earlier post, there were some design errors in the prototype that I am also trying to fix as well.

So, it is not abandoned, just slow.

I'll try to post some updates within the next week or so.

15. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

No complaints here. Rib injuries are serious stuff, hope you don't have to do anything strenuous for a while. Get well too.
  16. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i had my ribs bruised when when my M1 was launched 10 feet in the air off a burm and i was slammed in the loaders hatch. the ensuing medvac in an m113 is still etched sharply in my memory. you have my heart felt sympathy and i wish you a speedy recovery!!

ARMORMAN Guest

Unfortunately, my job consists of a lot of moving, lifting, and twisting. I am on my way out the door now, so it will be interesting to see how work goes (tylenol 3, where's my tylenol 3?!!?).
  18. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I work at UPS, so I feel for you. I couldn't imagine how annoying it would be to do my job with that kind of injury. Maybe they will give you light duty, lol.

heres something for you to relate to when bored
  19. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

oh frak, where's Dr Cottle when you need him?

its ok if it goes slow, because im still enjoying popping migs with my virtual F-37.

seriously, just take a breather.

get well soon, take your meds, and take care dude.

ARMORMAN Guest

Well, I've been fixing textures and getting the forward fuselage ready for build...hopefully tomorrow.

No meds (except Tylenol PM), unfortunately, but I am able to get in and out of bed without expecting an alien life form to burst through my sides (rolling over in bed, however....).

I'm also trying to make a base for a contest on another site (40k) I'll post pics as well....