Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

ARMORMAN Guest

So....what's going on?....

Wellllll....lots, unfortunately nothing I can really disclose atthis time....I've been contracted to do a toy design (sorry, NDA - can tell you no more) and at the same time I've been offered a job that will relocate me 1300 miles from my current location, if everything works that means the Talon has been backburnered for awhile and I also decided to scrap the screen grab textures and go with vector art.

I will keep you posted, and sorry I have not gotten any further...:cry:
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Hey Armorman! Good luck with the toy design! From what I've seen on this Talon design alone, you got that one in the bag already!
    And an Uber good luck with that job offer! If you land your dream job, the world belongs to you! :D

ARMORMAN Guest

If the job works out, I will be the envy of you all ....or at least many of you....:twisted:
  4. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Very modest!

Very true also... ;)
  5. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi Armorman, I Sincerely hope the job works out, and that the toy design Is sucessfull too. I for one won't envy you, you are a talented guy and I appreciate your work, I look forward to the day when you have time to finish the Talon.

6. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

hope the job works out Armorman! and i know that the toy design will be great just from looking at your talon. lol i already envy you for having a model of the talon in your hands:p hopefully you'll be able to find some time after the toy desing and during your new job to finish the talon!

ARMORMAN Guest

I hope so too! :)

8. Flanker37

Flanker37 New Member

after you finish this one mate, i really hope you build "Tin Man". We cant have one without the other

ARMORMAN Guest

Well, the job was a bust.

I'm still designing toys (freelance).

But the good news is I'll have more time to devote to the Talon!

10. Paladin

Paladin Member

Sorry to hear that, but I'm sure you are where you need to be for now.
    God Bless!!

p.s. I still can't wait to see the Talon finished.
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

What Kind of Job are you looking for?

I have a lot of contacts in a wide range of fields. And I can keep an ear out.

PS: Feel free to PM me your resume, if you like.

ARMORMAN Guest

"Global domination through toys"

Actually, I would like to do toy and game design. I have also done technical illustration and am degreed in Illustration. for samples, you can go here:
  13. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

update for Talon?

any delivery date?

hope you got 1/72 scale, since i've run out of display space on me shelf.

ARMORMAN Guest

I have been trying to get all the texture maps for the cockpit done and also work out some design problems. Plus, I recieved some more accurate and detailed pictures that showed me some errors that I need to fix. Unfortunately, life keeps interrupting the process as well.

I'll try to post pics ASAP.
  15. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

as for cockpit, why not try to get wings over europe(i fly sims a lot) and go to for the F-37 mod. there you may solve some problems, and base textures from the free mod's virtual cockpit. on the zur-tech website, you may ask zurawski(realname) for some inofrming documents on the talon.....

the cockpit is quite filled with one wide center MFD and two regular MFDs on both sides, and the usual side switch boards.

dont worry bout life interrupting the build....

as long as its the F/A-37!!!

question, why have no scale model company ever decided to make a model of it?

i hope the next transformers movie feature the F/A-37 as an autobot!!!

starscream needs a nemesis.
  16. TonyG2

TonyG2 Member

Probably because the movie tanked.

Which is a shame because I really enjoyed the movie and the Talon is a superb looking machine.

I seem to recall a large scale resin kit was being designed but nothing came of it.
  17. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

stealth got tanked since the story line sucked big time.

even the CGI guys got underpaid.

if i got a chance to re write it,
    EDI would have a strong male voice

talon 3 would not have been shot down.

Talon 1 and edi should have fought more bandits.

talon 2 pilot (kara wade aka jessica biel) would be captured. then rescued all alone by EDI.

well if anyone got that resin kit, its time to market it.

the plane is indeed cool without the movie, its sort of equivalent of Batman's Tumnler, you would watch the movie just to see the F-37.

well like what they done to xXx state of d nation's Modified M1A(?) Advanced Abrams Tanks as Decepticon's Devastator, i hope Talon would make it to the nex transformers as an autobot.

ARMORMAN Guest

Long time no update...sorry....

After fighting a dying system (donations for a new Mac system will be appreciated), I finally just finished the cockpit detailing and will be printing it out to test build momentarily.

Due to how I designed the model, It does not look promising for making a mechanism that will be able to make the wins and tailfins move up and down simultaneously (unless I wanted to go back to the beginning and start all over again.....nahhh...).

I hope to have pics up in a few days.

Off topic, I am also working on a 40k Reaver Titan build for myself off of someone else's plans.
  19. Kjev

Kjev Member

I could live with them not moving simultaneously. Will you post pics of the Reaver, too?
  20. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

how bout different Talon camouflage schemes? here are pics from game Talon add-on (wings over europe) from:

Tiger Scheme

Different forest Schemes

Vietnam style South East Asia Scheme

Naval Ocean Camou Scheme

USMC Fictional VMFX-232

69th Mercanary Squadron(favourite)

Dessert Storm

USMC Green/Brown Scheme

USAF Ghost Gray Scheme

well if you want the texure files, let me know.