Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

You've really put a lot into making this right, can't wait to see it done. Looks great!:thumb:
  2. Janx

Janx Member

That looks the business Armor :)

ARMORMAN Guest

I have made a decision....I have decided to put aside the project that was consuming all my time (mentally as well as some portion of my free time); which was the project that was for the job and return to this and another project that need to be finished. I've wasted far too much time on it and had to take it back to square one.

I have started work on the landing gear so look for pics soon.
  4. Jim Lionmane

Jim Lionmane Member

Oh, I'm staring with my eyes wide open, allright. (and my mouth as well).

Jim Lionmane
  5. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

landing gear in my Wings over europe talon(Zur-TECH Home) mod has some resemblance of its main gears to that of the F-18 hornet.

though it has a single wheel nosegear, but in the movie, the nose gear looks like the ones typically used on carrier aircraft, like the F-18

if yuo dont have time and intellect enough for this project, why dont you choose someone to work on this while you rest a bit?
  6. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

I think you may have mis-understood Bill, he said he put aside the other project "for the job" to work on this. The "this" being the Talon FA-37..least that's the way I interpet it....
  7. Gearz

Gearz Member

Excellent! design work Bill, :thumb:

Its certainly one slick looking craft... ~ It would wreck your day if something like this really came over the horizon looking for you (that's if you even realised it).. pity, they'll probably cut the pilots outs out of nose eventually...or VR at best.

Reminds me of a AVN joke ~ In the future all Aircraft cockpits will only seat One man and a Dog..

* The Man is there to feed the dog
    * The Dog is there to bite the man if he tries to touch anything..!!!

ARMORMAN Guest

Nemo is correct, I set aside "the job" project to work on the Talon and a few other things. I already have the landing gear designed and am starting to build it (two wheel nose gear, BTW).

9. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Looking forward to your new updates. How are you going to feel when it's finally done?

ARMORMAN Guest

Like I should have had this done over a year and a half ago....a great weight will be lifted off my shoulders.
  11. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL, I feel ya man. but....then again, you might get depressed because it's over and you'll have to find a new project to over tax yourself.:mrgreen:

ARMORMAN Guest

Heh...not a problem...There's a Flying Wing, Flying HK, Discovery, and several others waiting in the wings...;)
  13. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL. I've got enough projects to last the life time of Lazarus Long!:mrgreen:

ARMORMAN Guest

:curse:...Of course, now I caught the flu from my kid, so that ends work tonight (grrrr!). We'll try this tomorrow.
  15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Get well, I've had it for a week. Hope you experience is far less..... of a pain.
  16. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

Amazing Work On The Fa-37 Talon !!! I Tried Build One From Paper And Foam As A Working R/c Model,it Looks Similar To The Talon But Not Close To The Actual Model That You Built!!can You Make More Of Those Fa-37talons For Sale?? I'd Like To Buy A Copy From You And Convert It Over Over And Make A R/c 36 Inch Talon Model That Flies!!send Me A Email Danz300zx When You Get A Chance...excellent Work Amormman!!!!

ARMORMAN Guest

Thanks, Dan, I am working on the landing gear assembly tonight (finally!). Also started drawing panel lines on the prototype.
    Hope to have pics soon. It will be for sale, but this one is not going to be easy and will definitely need thorough instructions (I think I already posted that last part).
  18. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

ARMORMAN, your amount of dedication and attention to detail on this ship is amazing. I personally want to thank you for your hard work. You, my friend, a paper warrior!

ARMORMAN Guest

Paraphrasing Iron Man:" I like the model you only have to design ONCE. That's the way dad did it, that's the way America does it....and it's worked out pretty well so far....."

Thanks. :)
  20. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

LOL! I love it! :thumb::cool: