Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow. You're hard work and determination have really payed off. That is an amazing bit of work. Sorry if I missed it, but what size is that? That's going to make a fine addition to anyones model collection.:thumb:

ARMORMAN Guest

The model is 1/43 scale - 18" Long and 16" wingspan.

I forgot to glue a couple of pieces down, so I'll be shooting more pics to post later.
  3. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Nice size and a very nice model to boot. It looks like it would be a challenging build. Looking forward to the new pics.
  4. Wbnemo1

Wbnemo1 Member

lol ...lookin great Bill but i tink ya mean 1/48 scale not 1/43

5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Superb! It looks fantastic Bill.

ARMORMAN Guest

No, I mean 1/43. When I was asked to design this, it was supposed to be "studio scale" model. Although there was no model built (not counting the full size set piece), There was a study model made and it was around 1/43. even though my client abandonded me, I've gone so far on this thing that I'll finish it in the scale started.

7. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Can't wait to get my hands on the final product armor! I've been following this thread of yours for a while now, and your model looks truly amazing already!

If I remember correctly, your deadline for that job is coming up, here's sincerely wishing you the best of luck! Do let us know WHEN you get it! :)

ARMORMAN Guest

Will do! Thanks, TC.
  9. matt512s

matt512s New Member

To quote Will Smith: "I HAVE GOT TO GET ME ONE OF THESE!". When will
    this be available?
    Best Wishes:
  10. clif52

clif52 Banned

Hey Armourman

I was looking at your build photos link and saw the Terminator flying hunter killer. Are you planning on making a kit.

ARMORMAN Guest

When I get the design bugs fixed, the textures set and the instructions made (and you really do need them for this one).

12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Great Armorman. . . .

Because I've been hunting this one ever since you posted shots of the 3D renders.

Be happy to help with the instructions, too. I freelance as a document layout guy and technical writer. (In this case, it would certainly be Free!)

ARMORMAN Guest

K'jev, thanks for the offer! I may consider it, but I am anal and a control freak when it comes to project like this.

Here's a sample of my instructions I did for Ninjatoes' Defiant I redrew and modified:
  14. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Make sure to let us (read: me) know if you're looking for beta builders, though since you appear to have done this one by hand, I doubt you need them.

Also, not to get off subject, but Kjev, I have a tendancy not to make instructions for my models, if you're interested in helping at all.
  15. Kjev

Kjev Member

Well, you of all people know the timeline of the ISSCV, and I'm still working on the instructions. I'm picky, too. I worked for a publishing company for 4 years, and it makes you insane over insignificant details.

I may be able to help with some projects, if you need a hand.

Armorman, I understand. But it's that kind of pickiness that leads to excellent results. I can't wait to see the Talon when it's finished. I caught part of the movie a couple of nights ago. I think I paid more attention to the planes than the plot.

16. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Really looking forward to more updates on this ARMORMAN, can't wait. :D

ARMORMAN Guest

Hey all,

I have not forgotten the model, I just ended up having to restart one of my major projects from scratch, so that puts everything else back a ways. wall1 I did promise to post some pics with the intake fixed, so here they are.

Attached Files:

18. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

i thought none existed in the scale modelling world.....

now, i can base that as i build a Foam RC Electric version....
  19. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

doesnt it swing its wings forwards?

ARMORMAN Guest

yes they do and the tail fins fold down (well....not yet on mine...).

Aaaand Nemo was's 1/48, not 43rd......