Stealth Talon WIP

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ARMORMAN, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

You have my sympathy and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery. Been there, done that. Nothing like it - thank goodness.

ARMORMAN Guest

So here I am...FINALLY moving forward on this project, ready to print the forward fuselage out and assemble it when.....I RUN OUT OF TONER!!!! Have to wait until payday Monday.

3. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

Talon model

HI THERE !!its been awhile since I been here hope everything is going good with you been keeping me o so the pics and progress ..I had a FA-37 TALON model built in 1/24 scale its about 3 feet long ,I know its not a paper model but I i thougt you might like to see it .. I hope you ike the pics!! and keep up the great work !!![​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

sorry about the double pics!!!
  5. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

With that level of craftsmanship, I think we can forgive a couple of extra pictures (they just give us an excuse to look twice!). That is one *awesome* model, my friend! You must be proud to own it! :thumb:
  6. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

Thanks !! it took about 6 months build but it was definitley worth the wait !!:thumb: i'm going to look into having the EDI built !! and maybe sneak in one or two more talon into a build that way i can have the complete set !!:grin:
  7. Kjev

Kjev Member

Beautiful plane.... I don't care what it's made out of. What is it made out of anyway?
  8. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

The TALON is built from mahoganey hard wood and's some more pics in its first stages.....:eek: its a big beastie!!!

Attached Files:

ARMORMAN Guest

Very, very nice. :)
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

wow... I would so love to see that aircraft in card.
  11. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

I'm glad you all like it !!!balloon6
  12. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

wow, that from wood!

maybe i'll get to make wood models when im at my province, known for wood carvings!.

now just a question, would a scale talon made of depron doam, or anything lightweight, including styrofoam, fly as an RC beauty?

in both closed wing and open wing mode?
  13. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

any plans for a talon model with landing gears?

also could you post bottom shots?
  14. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

I'll post more pics of the bottom only if its ok with AMORMAN ,since it is his thread......ok ......... so what do you say ARMORMAN ??? I built a semi fun r/c scale ductedfan version of the talon ,the wings were fixed ,not for the faint of heart ,,it flew like it was trying to avoid enmy fire !!!! i'll build another one later ,rear prop version ,i'll post pics of it when i'm finished ...
  15. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

I'd am going to build some landing gear for my plane, i work offshore so i can't work on it on a daily basis ...but i will get it done sooner or later !!I need a scale 1/24 scale talon pilot in the standing position and weapons to place on the talon's base stand .thats my next project .....I can't wait to see more pics AMORMAN's paper TALON myself !!! I hope your feeling much better and back to your CREATIVE self!!!! :inw::inw:!!!!.......................i hope the pics of my TALON inspired you and keep your project moving on foward :drag1: ..........:mrgreen:

ARMORMAN Guest

No prob, post away!

Feeling better, although I am still quite busy. :)
  17. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

thank you mighty AMORMAN !!!thats the problem being the AMORMAN!! being the best ....your always in demand in one place or onather and projects will always need to be finished yesterday ......perfection has its price ,we have to wait to get the things we want :inw::inw::inw:....from the creative ones !!!so no matter how busy you get ,or how far you move ,new have loyal fanz balloon6and helpbounce7 you trhough it ALL:wave:!!!!!!

And here's some more pics for all of the FA-37 TALON fanz!!

Attached Files:

ARMORMAN Guest

In the first picture, you have a hook or loop sticking out the back. What is or was that for?
  19. DANZ300ZX

DANZ300ZX New Member

The hook in the back of the aircraft was for hanging the model during the painting process after that it was removed and the hole was filled and painted .
  20. Shin_kazama

Shin_kazama Member

well if you can send me rudimentary plan drawings for an EDF, maybe i can build a good a real switch blade EDF talon..

anyways, know some website selling working but used/refurbished computer radios?

yeah i want one radio to control the FF:

Tmarui 1/24 M1A2, with cap gun mechanism(no airsoft, but with red CAPS) with scale track links...

Proposed Talon EDF, with retracts, wing swing, camera, flare launchers, or even simple rocket pods, etc.

planned Seawolf class RC(static diving) with torpedoes(ive seen someone do it, non HE warheads of course.)

did i say an airsoft equipped Talon?
    with 400 bb rounds, to rip up some thing else:twisted:

and what other crap i want to have RC control...sign1

if armourman gets the paper model done, sooner or later, i would have an EDF of it..