starting savage 25

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Davemc, Feb 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davemc

Davemc Member

I just ordered a new Savage 25, I could not wait any longer. I can not afford to get a battery and charger for the starter, so my question is;
    can I hook the steel shaft of the roto starter to a drill to start it?
    is ther enough room? will it hurt the motor?
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

TOYS R US has a charger and 7.2v 6 cell battery for $19.99
    I think that is your best bet...
  3. dudex

dudex Member

yeah you could do that, just dont spin it too fast.
  4. Davemc

Davemc Member

I AM maxed out for a bit, I had to buy my truck on the Canadian side, and it was allot more

DAve
  5. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Using a drill to start your .25 is ok, try to use a drill that has a clutch so you dont force it to hard. also do it at a slower speed and only for a one or two count. put some after run oil in there first and also heat the block up with a hair drier and it should start right up for you first try. good luck and great truck!
  6. Davemc

Davemc Member

after run oil First? is this for break in or all the time?
    I do have a nice small cordless drill with a clutch
  7. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

put the after run in there first cause you dont want to start it up dry. make sure it is all lubed up. Ill say some more and if you are confused pm of email me. The s.25 engine had a problem with the backplate vibrating loose check on the bottom of you box for an x mark. if there is a big x it mean the problem has been fixed. but but but, with any car i get i like to take it apart before and check to make sure it is all together right, id take the ening e out easy 4 bolts reached from the underneeth, go and buy some high temp oxygen safe copper silicon from walmart. take the back plate off (be careful not to loose the little spring and rod that connects the oneway to the crank shaft) spray a little after run oil in there, and put a tiny bead (just a little) around the flat part of the backplate to seal it up. when you put it back together and slide that backplate back in there make sure it lines up with that little rod and goes together easily you shouldnt need to force it. use a little lock tight on the bolts and youre done. this will make sure that you dont have any air leaks and your engine will be easy to tune. This is not only for the savage! I do it to all my engines so dont be scared. PM or mail me and ill help you do it if you are worried. It sounds difficult but its not. good luck you will love that thing its an addiction. Email any time ill help you out.
  8. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

Dave...so how is it going with your savage??

You out there having fun yet or still trying to get it started?
  9. Davemc

Davemc Member

Stil waiting for it to come in the mail, I dont expect it to come untill next week, I just paid for it today :-(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.