Starting Over With An HO Layout

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Drew1125, Jun 10, 2007.

1. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

man the layout is comin along great! unlike mine which still needs to b started :mrgreen:.i really cant wait to see scenery on this bad boy!--josh
  2. nkp174

nkp174 Active Member

Looks fine. I applaud the decision to use single it makes a mainline seem much longer.

An shortline is also a wonderful idea as you can have a scale length train. How many layouts allow for a 70 car freight train? Not many. But with a shortline or narrowgauge...5-15 cars is a complete train.

You can also take advantage of those beautiful Spectrum 4-4-0s, 4-6-0s, 2-8-0s, and such.

One thing to point out on your trackwork: I think I see a kink and a rough vertical curve where you have the one line on roadbed and the other on plywood...with a connection in between. Otherwise it seems fine (I can't quite tell if you're using code 83 or code 100). The track plan looks good.

EDIT: So when does Thomas, Percy, and Gordon make their debut? I'm looking forward to getting my nephew Gordon and several of the mainline coaches.
  3. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

there is a kink in your track on the second picture in your above post! better fix that!