Starting my designing but need help

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
ok So im new to designing and i want to make a easy mobile suit like a GM suit but yet i have no idea how to use metaseqouia and i cant find instructions on how to use it so can anybody give me some helps up or guides,instructions anything can help

:pTY

S

Soaring

Hi, can't wait to see what you come up with ;) But, since you need a little help...

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155969 - Jaybat's Awesome Meta Tutorial. This should help you if you want to model in primitives. [Make sure to post your thanks to Jaybats, this tutorial is awesome!]

Finalpaper.net also has a guide to gundam making, I'm not sure where that is at the moment.

You can use the line and create feature to create shapes. But, you'll need some pictures of the desired model. And for that, check out the Dalong.net review site.

Good luck! :)

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
awsome thnx man maybe now some of the stress goes off cause i spent time searching yesterday for like the gundam pics to create the GM suit :p

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
wait wait how do i even find the pics?cause i cant read korean and plus theres little stuff to click and i dont want to get lost in the website so...ehh :p

S

Soaring

K, once you get to Dalongs homepage, there should be a list of grades at the top of the page. It should be next to the logo on the top left hand corner. Taking the knowledge that you're creating a GM, go to MG, or HG. A list of pictures will show up, scroll down until you find the desired GM.

Anyways, can't wait to see that GM! :)

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
yea i see that i found the gm in the HGUC section but from whut i found from finalpaper.net and other things i see around u need to have a flat white paper of the model u want like if u want the rx-78-2 there should be a sides with front,back,left,right but dalong.net only shows random pics of the GM in poses

S

Soaring

Well, you can design it in parts, or by using actual blueprints.

http://www.the-blueprints.com/ - Has a few, around 50 blueprints of gundams. There are 2-D and some 3-D views. I'm not sure if the blueprint you're looking for is listed there, but it's worth a shot! :)

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
this is perfect and now the part where i get lost.how do u put the blueprints in meta cause well theres no GM but i guess i can try a zaku or Nu gundam

S

Soaring

Alright,

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155969 - Really, check this out! Jaybat's puts everything in it!

As for putting in the blueprints, make sure the filetype is in JPEG format. Then, open up Meta. There should be a label named Pers [Which is perspective] Right next to the buttons on the same bar as the magnification, rotation, and pan. It should be located on the right of SYSTEM, which is the first blue bar on the left. Once you see Pers, move your mouse to the right, until you see a button IMG. Right click it, then click load, select your image, then press ok!

The IMG should end up in the background ;)

Grindar

Mar 7, 2008
Just thought I would note that there is a ground type gm on the blueprints site, in the gundam category. Slightly different head, main difference in armament.

imdead

Jan 14, 2009
i know but the ground type blueprints dont include alot of stuff needed to make a model