Starting Layout

mrgooch

Remember Our Vets

It's been awhile since I did any new work on the layout. I have been waiting for some supplies. I did start a project which I think turned out well. I decided to do some backround work on the layout. I used 1/8" masonite and made sections. I painted them blue,then I used 1 can flat white and 1 can light grey spray paint. I bought two large pieces of construction paper and made my own stencils to be used for the clouds. This part was easy. The next day I was searching on the internet for pictures suitable for my layout. I downloaded them and enlarged them on my computer. I printed them also making some reverse images to elongate the scene. I printed them and then cut out everything above the mountains. I glued them to the painted backround and you can see the enclosed [ 3 ] panels.

mrgooch

Layout Update

I have just started to landscape. I have been making trees until I got sick of them.Ihave about 42 more to go. I have the one panel of the backround up temporarily just for the photo,the other one is painted on the wall itself. I have alot to do around the lake and the two sideings.

Tyson Rayles

I like it! :cool: But where are all the trees at that you were sick of making? :p You guys that model the West with its barren landscapes save at least 2 hours per square ft. on your trees alone. :D That aside, I really do like it, it's looking sharp. Keep us posted!

mrgooch

Layout Update

Here are two of my backround panels. One is on the far left of the original layout,the other to the rear actually painted on the wall.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
WOW those backdrops sure make a difference and the clouds are great. Makes the layout look much larger and more interesting.

Bill Pontin

mrgooch,

Great job on the back grounds and I am specially envious of your cloud work. I'm afraid to try it, I've had to repaint my skyboards three times before I was satisfied with that results, clouds? uhh-uhh, think I will stick to a clear cloudless day. Your pictures are also great, enjoy looking at the continuos progress.

shamus

Registered Member
mrgooch my friend, you have a very nice looking layout indeed. Nice idea for the backdrop, making the computer work overtime :rolleyes:

Shamus

mrgooch

Layout Update

Have almost compleated my layout. I still need to put in a purple meadow in the forground of the lake. I have posted three detailed shots.