Starting a new layout

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Only 4X8 but I cant stand not having one any longer.

It seems as though I will be for ever cleaning out and remodeling the garage for a train room.

I will post some pics when I have some.

I just want a loop and sidings, no scenery. I just want to test some engines and run some kit cars I made this winter.

L

lester perry

Go for it man. You have to start somewhere. A friend just left here saying he needs to start his, I asked what was stopping him. His answer, "nothing".
Les

trainnut65

Feb 17, 2006
You know that is funny. I see guys that wont to be model RR's and thay never build a layout. thay have the room but just wont get started on a layout. are thay talk about building one all the time and never do. it is not that hard to get started then after you start it you wont never stop. It is just to much fun working on them to me.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Some people are overwhelmed looking at other peoples layouts and think they can not build something like that. I found the best thing to do is go over and help them get started.
Of course, you spend more time working on there's instead of your layout. And some people say they want to build a layout just to humor us crazy trainnuts.

Loren