Started some weathering this week

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Jon Grant, May 8, 2005.

1. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

I finally plucked up the courage to do some weathering on my Kadee cars (and others) this week. These are early attempts and far from Mellow-Mike standards, but I'm learning.

Here's one for Trainworm

2. toolman

toolman Member

:thumb: The cars look great. I have done a few cars and yes there is a learning process. I started on cars that I do not worry if they come out looking like mistakes. I have read in the mrr magazines and forum's post on weathering. I have bought the materials to do weathering, chalks, paint, etc.
    I live right near a secondary and yard and the cars weathering and the rust, etc are not the same so mistakes might come looking very interesting.
  3. dturnerfish

dturnerfish New Member

They look wonderfull.
  4. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

They look GREAT!!!
  5. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

They look like they have put in a lot of service Jon. Just like the real thing.
  6. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Good job Jon!

The reefer looks awesome!
  7. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

cars look great the only thing you might want to do is to bang up(few dents and scrapes) the hopper a bit .
  8. Jon Grant

Jon Grant Member

I haven't plucked up the courage to take the soldering iron out to it yet, but I did weather the insides.

9. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

They look fine, Jon. :thumb: Look great. :)

One chalk colour that I found very useful for weathering is white. As a final dusting, sparingly used.
  10. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

They all look great, i love that oscar mayer one,also i like the shiny wheels like the 1.1 scales
  11. Honger

Honger Member

Those look simply amazing! Did you follow a specific tutorial or just myriad advice and ideas from different sources? I'd like to hear some of the steps to your process.

12. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

you cant even tell there HO scale first i thought it was G scale
  13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Simply awesome!