start- stop-move a wall

davidstrains

Well, after the winter and spring water in the basement, my layout progress has been pretty well shut down. I have done some scratchbuilding but track, scenicing, plaster, etc. is at a standstill.

I had finished the basement a couple years after we bought the house but the rain got us this year. We had to tear up the floor and carpet, move furniture and replace the slider to the outside.

In trying to come up with a plan for what we want to do with the basement and family room the wife has decided that she wants to make a smaller TV room downstairs, convert one end of my train room to an office to get me out an upstairs bed room, relocate our storage room to the other end of the basement. The end result is that I pick up about 4 more feet in length and 2 feet in width for the layout room. :D :D :D

The downside to all this is that she wants to start knocking out the walls next month. In addition the layout will need to be disassembled to move. I managed to construct one side of it to incorporate a support pole that was in the room (see track plan here: http://www.the-gauge.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2931

So now I am packing and thinking about whether I will keep that track plan or build something different.:confused: :confused: :confused:

Life goes on:) :) :)

shaygetz

So...yer saying ya gets 8sq. ft. of additional empire, which is like ...Rhode Island in N scale? "Honey, where's the hammer..."

Tyson Rayles

Sorry to hear about your flooding, hope you can fix it so it don't happen again. But like you said the good news is more layout space so all is not bad. The clean up after flooding still sucks though. :eek: :( :mad:

SD90

Sorry to hear about your mess David, I don't even want to think about taking my layout apart, ever! Good luck with everything!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Flooding can be bad. Here the water table is high so we have to have a good sump pump to keep the basement dry. I have a back-up pump too in case there is a breakdown. Its amazing the amount of water the pump pushes through.