Start of my Patoroch Imperial Guard army

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
I've got some good news for you. You can have the Hellhound with the big tank on the back :p

You must have missed it. First page of Armorman's great threadopedia.
http://depositfiles.com/files/yhepi5qm4

Thank you so much Harkonnen!!!!! :mrgreen:bounce7:D I can't believe I missed this in Armorman's thread, and I even spent an extra 2 hours last night going through everything including Patoroch's mediafire folder and couldn't find it. You're a god sir!

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
Started a Chimera. I'm only going to use a maximum of 3 in any of my army lists, so why not crank out a quick 2 for the smaller lists? :mrgreen: I was having trouble rolling the smaller lower tuber for the multilaser barrel, so I used a Q-Tip cut to size. I also used Tirick's Chimera components as a guide for making the fixed Lasguns on the crew compartment. I do plan on painting these once I have them all done, so I'll stick with the white builds for now instead of wasting my printer ink ($30 per color cartridge $20 per b/w cartridge).

FB12F7BB-00DC-4AEF-8469-F8E0EA23576C-825-000001856178B9E5.jpg

D3392E2D-3D73-44DF-B0E5-F7B8C63A46E7-825-000001855E8FA9D4.jpg

806765C1-8E39-4E97-86DF-853B636F960B-825-000001855B568ECD.jpg

I also made more progress on my second hellhound, which I'm actually going to end up doing the devil dog turrets. Decided against the larger tank version since I already have 1.75/3 built. Got both track modules attached, with the bottom set of raised treads attached. Once I get onto building my Leman's I plan on getting my hands on a small hole punch and making the rivets.

B31907F3-53F0-4918-A034-919571DDF97C-825-00000185CA736E90.jpg

CA6181D7-7FB1-4CBD-A38F-D55BA15B8391-825-00000185C7851C4F.jpg

**Just a quick tip, I'm sure most of you know. I use Super Glue to put my models together. I found that, other than the obvious time difference compared to Tackey or PVA glue, it also helps to strengthen the joints since it dries much harder than either Tackey or PVA. It also helps when I apply some to the edges of a piece that I want to sand, wait an hour for it to dry, then sand it. It helps to make the layers of paper harder, and much easier for sanding.

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
Just a group pic of the tanks so far. The basilisk I was working on got scrapped because the platform was made from 1/2 card stock and 1/2 plasticard and warped something fierce. I plan on getting the treads laminated for the Chimera tomorrow and at least on before work, then I'll start on the side details. Might even get onto the 2nd devil dog's turret tonight at work and finish the 1st's turret and fans. I just got rid of my Space Wolf army, so if I ever plan to pick up Space Marines again I'm not going to waste my money on the overpriced hunks of plastic and build all my vehicles using these templates. I can't believe I had never found this hobby before. Would have saved me a LOT of $$$$ over the past 2-3 years.

01D1A291-B21B-4FB5-81C7-0010A453F07B-825-00000186A329B64E.jpg

Z

Zathros

Dude, you have become a Tank Industry by yourself. You really make these things straight and true. They are fantastic! Paper is a great medium People just don't understand the great medium it is and how sturdy or a model, ad how much more detailed it can be made. Great workmanship and design. :)

silveroxide

Aug 22, 2007
Fayetteville NC
Your are making some great looking models there. The builds are great. If you paint the way you build, your models will blow your competitors away, especially if you tell them you made them from card stock. You have also run into a problem that many of us have encountered in the past, the warping of a part. The warping usually comes into play when you laminated large pieces of card stock. If you can make out the grain of the paper, which is hard to see, then you glue the paper cross or diagonally from each other. Another method that I find easiest, is to place the piece on a hard flat surface and place a heavy flat object on top of it. If you place it inside between pages in a large book, be sure to place waxed paper to keep it apart from the pages. If you do not do this, you may find that the glue seeped around the edges and the part will have to be scraped off the page or pages. I have a few large tomes that I use and I would not damage an eighty dollar book this way. I love my books, and yes, I still read real books as well as e-books. Continue on and hope to see your painted models soon, and speaking of paint, I sometimes spray a coat of primer first and then paint like a regular plastic model. If you have citadel paints, they work great on paper models. I use acrylic paints on my models and it does give a good effect on the models. Enjoy and waiting to see more.

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
Your are making some great looking models there. The builds are great. If you paint the way you build, your models will blow your competitors away, especially if you tell them you made them from card stock. You have also run into a problem that many of us have encountered in the past, the warping of a part. The warping usually comes into play when you laminated large pieces of card stock. If you can make out the grain of the paper, which is hard to see, then you glue the paper cross or diagonally from each other. Another method that I find easiest, is to place the piece on a hard flat surface and place a heavy flat object on top of it. If you place it inside between pages in a large book, be sure to place waxed paper to keep it apart from the pages. If you do not do this, you may find that the glue seeped around the edges and the part will have to be scraped off the page or pages. I have a few large tomes that I use and I would not damage an eighty dollar book this way. I love my books, and yes, I still read real books as well as e-books. Continue on and hope to see your painted models soon, and speaking of paint, I sometimes spray a coat of primer first and then paint like a regular plastic model. If you have citadel paints, they work great on paper models. I use acrylic paints on my models and it does give a good effect on the models. Enjoy and waiting to see more.

My painting skills are ok. I tend to take a LOT of time painting. That's why 2/300 of my infantry models are completely painted (and I've had the majority of them for over 2 years). But vehicles are much simpler to paint because of the size. I already have a request from my buddy to make him 2 Baneblades for his new Imperial Guard army. I plan on making myself a Stormlord for my army. Thanks for the encouragement from both you and Zathros!

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
Just an update on the progress. I now have 2 devil dogs, 2 chimeras, 1 sentinel, and 1 baneblade. All are still WIP builds.

1192BCAB-F468-46B8-B0A8-DFC1B147F218-724-000000A212068F11.jpg

2131E80E-B7D2-495A-804A-8CBD1A03D0D9-724-000000A20E3AFC66.jpg

mmorris0987

Jan 2, 2013
I'll have some updates on my builds maybe later today (Sunday). I have mainly been working on them at work, so there's not been much time to take pics. I have 2 Chimeras, 2 Hellhounds, 1/2 a Baneblade base done, 90% of a Leman Russ Novacannon, and most of the Marauder fuselage complete as a rough build.