Start 1/48

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Leo Cherkashyn, Jul 2, 2008.

1. I posted Start (five stages).
    Test-building - Joe Polchlopek. Many thanks Joe for splendid result!
  2. think-floyd

think-floyd Member

Very impressive models there Leo! I'll certainly be building some of them when i have the time. Nice to see some alternatives to the more commonly represented US space program, I haven't come across many before.

Keep up the beautiful work!

3. BARX2

BARX2 Member

This is another fine creation by Leo and a real pleasure to build. The model stands about 24 inches tall and looks really impressive. Thanks again to Leo for designing a great Real Space model! Here are my photos.

Attached Files:

4. BARX2

BARX2 Member

This piece was really challenging and fun to build.

Attached Files:

5. SAustin16

SAustin16 Member

Excellent job. Looks like a real rocket part. I like your photography also, with the stages blurred in the background.
  6. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

Great design Leo and great build Joe. You guys are becoming quite a team!
  7. wedge

wedge Member

Great Job Leo and Joe :thumb: The question is : What is next??? :mrgreen:
  8. Very nice Barx, are you still using my ,as your daughter aptly named it, "Scroll method" of rolling your tubes?
  9. BARX2

BARX2 Member

I sure am! The only tube long enough to need it was stage one with the word START on it. The others were short enough to easily roll in my hand. I don't know if the pictures are still here on Zealot somewhere, but if not, I can upload them again to show the technique. Works great for me. :)
  10. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

'Scroll' Technique?

Hi BARX2,

I, for one, don´t recall having seen this method displayed before. Could you please upload a couple of photos again (in this or the tutorials thread?).
    I am currently building Carl´s Mercury-Atlas in an upscaled version on Red River silver metallic paper at the moment and I want to have absolute uniformity, perfection in the sheet surfaces and circular alignment of all the parts of the booster.
    Thanks in advance.

Bengt in Stockholm :thumb: