Starship troopers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tk1055, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

$250 for a resin model is not worth it.
  2. armorbimbo

armorbimbo Member

3. Kjev

Kjev Member

I have an ISSCV from Space: Above & Beyond that you might like. (See the thread ISSCV for WIP pics. It's finished, I'm just writing the instructions.

4. Kjev

Kjev Member

Tau and Guard . . . and them other guys, too.

There's a Yahoo group (BWC Archive) that has a lot of paper templates for land raiders, titans, and so forth. Woefully short on Tau.

Since I'm not into Xenophobic Emperor-worshipping bigots, the Tau are my race (my own miniatures are heavily converted, not always in line with Games Workshop's rules--hence they are known as the F'Que Sept)

At any rate, I WOULD FREAKING LOVE Tau buildings and vehicles. The curves seem like they would be a booger though.

And if anyone could come up with a decent Baneblade, I'd take that too.

On my design list is the little dropship that delivers vehicles to the Imperial Guard Vehicle Bay. I have a lot of screen caps, but I am still learning how to do 3D modeling.

In the meantime, I'll beta-build for you.

5. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Do you mean one of these ?

Available approximately to correct 40K scale in a nice PDO file. Instructions are a bit mostly! But it builds fairly well. This was the first model I ever built specifically for card-modelling.

Can upload it if there is enough demand
  6. Coot59

Coot59 Member

7. PDO? I have all of the ones in PDF but PLEASE upload the PDO!!!!! I can work with one of them!

8. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

The Baneblade is not from the website's one I built myself from scratch when I found out they didn't have one there too :thumb:

I also did my own version of the LeMan Russ ... I didn't much like there one, and added some extra details. It's not finished ( due to other projects getting in the way ) but I would like to do a whole series of these once I get done with current builds.

p.s. Knightstalker ... unless it fails to should have mail!
  9. I received your e-mail but no attachment:cry:. Try it again.
  10. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Re-sent it ...for some reason, the attachment had got stripped off...Aaargh! If it fails again, I will try zipping it up to reduce the size. It;s 1.8Mb ... so it ought to be OK... but sometimes my e-mail just gets temperamental!
  11. It's here.:mrgreen: And great job:thumb:

ARMORMAN Guest

A bit more of the off-topic, someone just posted plans for the Reaver Titan (Heresy version)
  13. Where????? Don't tease me!!!!!:thumb::curse:

ARMORMAN Guest

15. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

That tank rocks, I'd definately give it a go. I'm not familiar with the game, but still, a cool looking tank.:thumb:

16. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

I plan to do a better version when time allows, but am going to submit this model for upload for those who want to give it a go. Wont happen till I get in from work ( around 17:00 GMT ) but that should satisfy those who want to have a go :thumb:

Damn...this hobby snowballs! Now, as well as working on a Y-Wing mesh, scratch building a large StarDestroyer AND making a rescaled T35 tank, I am getting the urge to re-awaken my efforts to make a really good set of Warhammer 40K tanks .... looks like I will have to give up sleepingsign1
  17. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Thanks on both counts!:mrgreen::thumb:

18. Kjev

Kjev Member

That's the beastie!

Beautiful work, too.

How demanding would I have to be? Could I just ask nicely? (PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!:inw:) Can you e-mail it to me? I can take attachments up to 20 megs.

19. Kjev

Kjev Member

logged in at BWC and hunted through the files, but couldn't find the Reaver (operator error on my part I'm sure). Where exactly is it located?

aka Eduardo Miguel
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member