Starship troopers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tk1055, Aug 31, 2007.

1. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

Does anyone know where I could find one of the dropships from Starship Troopers? I am interested in building a few for my Mobile Infantry squads from the miniature wargame

ARMORMAN Guest

On my list, but I have not gotten to it yet, and as far as I know, none exist.
  3. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

thank you. I have found a few models from forgeworld bet refuse to pay over 100$ each

ARMORMAN Guest

I didn't know Forgeworld was making Starship Trooper kits.
  5. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

They make a couple of items that would work as a dropship like the arvus lighter or the tau orca unfortunatly they are hellaexpensive:cry:

ARMORMAN Guest

there are paper plans for the Thunderhawk if you are interested.
  7. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

I would be most interested:thumb:
  8. Kjev

Kjev Member

Having bought Forgeworld models in the past, I can say the quality is worth it! They are excellently done, and yeah, hellishly expensive, with no plans to establish a distributorship in the US. (I asked). Their customer service is top-notch, too.

This isn't a shameless plug for them, but when I find a company that lives up to my standards, I think they deserve some recognition.

That said, I went and found paper templates for everything I wanted somewhere else.

Because I'm cheap.

9. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I would be interested in those also - I'll PM an email address ;)
  10. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

I agrree I actually own the Tyranid Heirophant and love seeing the look on my opponents face when I drop that sucker on the boardsign1
  11. Kjev

Kjev Member

I bet he he just about wets his pants!

So have you ever considered making some 'nids out of paper?

(everyone else says, "what's a 'nid?")
  12. tk1055

tk1055 New Member

Hmmm paper 'nids an interesting idea. Yeah he tried the imperial guard armor company nedless to say about three rounds later he was completly defeated
  13. dansls1

dansls1 Member

I don't have any forgeworld stuff - but I have all 3 of the 'nid Armourcast models. Depending on terrain, I had tons of fun fielding my army back when I played - 72 genestealers strong :D
  14. Kjev

Kjev Member

Haven't ever played the tabletop version, although I've made a lot of terrain for others (under the alias "Dog Hair Terrain, if you ever see any). Played Dawn of War tho. I actually did fairly well with the Guard, as long as I could get a Baneblade going. :)

Orks were easy to beat. Necrons fairly so. Space Marines and Eldar were tough but beatable. It was the Tau who kicked my butt. This is way off topic, but they're probably my favorite race. (I just can't stand the Gue' La Human's Xenophobic emperor worship) I think a fun army to play would be Tau with human mercs (Cadians or Elysians).

Off topic and out of his field.
  15. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Guess they'll have to.... uh, rack their brains. :mrgreen:
  16. Joe Brown

Joe Brown New Member

The Bugs? Never heard 'nids before, but, live and learn...

Bug (Starship Troopers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

17. Toaster

Toaster New Member

Nids (AKA Tyranids) are baaaaad.Like to see how an Avatar goes up against them.And I like Eldar....
    Now after fully derailing the subject.How about Starship Trooper bugs?Couple big size paper models would be great fun leaving them in unsuspecting places.
  18. jargon55

jargon55 New Member

19. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

if any one knows how to extract the 3d files from the dawn of war dark crusade tyranid mod i could try make a paper model from them, but i cannot find away yet??? i have a 3d file of a starship trooper bug but it needs some seriouse reworking befor it would be availbe for a paper model
  20. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

GEtting meshes out of Dawn of War isn't hard ... I did to make a LeMan Russ and a Baneblade. The meshes need a lot of work before they can be turned into a papermodel though. There is a 3DS Max plugin that takes the model format and imports it.