Starship Troopers Roger Young-Bob's Build

F131

F131
She's big, bad, and about to take up at least 3' of my shelf space.

Attachments

• IMG_0465.jpg
    IMG_0465.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 47

F131

F131
I'm going to need a lot of balsa wood and cardboard to keep her firm and straight. Working now, more pics later.

F131

F131
Interesting thought.....bigger does not mean easier. It also shows my flaws more pronounced. Things didn't start out well today due to me gluing a hull section on backwards. Thankfully I downloaded the BL2 "alternate" part that actually looks more like the part in the directions.

A note to anyone wanting to build the RJ, without formers, I tend to collapse sections of the nose when applying pressure gluing on new hull sections. So far I have been able to pop them back in place. I'm not sure as to how it is possible to avoid this. So far, so good.

Attachments

• IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0478.jpg
    IMG_0478.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 37

F131

F131
Interesting....I'm look at Hot4Darmat's incredible build and notice his is a nice battleship grey. My laser printer makes mine look almost black. But, badass black. Thanks ekuth for the effort you put into designing her.

F131

F131
Thanks for getting back to me. I can pretty much figure this part out but not the part in the second pic. I'll figure it out, one way or another.:thumb:

Attachments

• RY Nose.jpg
    RY Nose.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 27
  • nose lower.jpg
    nose lower.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 27

F131

F131
Its not going as smoothly as I would like...but she's taking shape.

Attachments

• IMG_0487.jpg
    IMG_0487.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0489.jpg
    IMG_0489.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0491.jpg
    IMG_0491.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 30
Z

Zathros

She's coming along beautifully, I can wait for the Denise Richards add-on!

F131

F131
I decided to do like Hot4darmat did, and recess the launch bay doors. It really adds to the detail. Sorry the pic is blurry. I also Photoshoped a couple of enhanced (?) parts to reflect the studio model.

Attachments

• IMAG0416.jpg
    IMAG0416.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Rodger Young New Parts.jpg
    Rodger Young New Parts.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 24

F131

F131
Heres a couple of pics with the new bridge skins. It's not perfect, but I think looks nicer. Also, a pic for you, Zathros:thumb:

I should get to painting the fold lines before I get too far into the next section.

Attachments

• Compare.jpg
    Compare.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_0495.jpg
    IMG_0495.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 33
  • DR RJ.jpg
    DR RJ.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 35
Heres a couple of pics with the new bridge skins. It's not perfect, but I think looks nicer. Also, a pic for you, Zathros:thumb:

I should get to painting the fold lines before I get too far into the next section.

Could I get a copy of your updated skins for my build?

Z

Zathros

As the British would say, "She's quite Fit, isn't she", and her placement is "Proper, and quite right"!!

In Amerriccun is, " Oh yea, baby got back,she's smokin'!!

In Connecticut, we would say. She is a beautiful women who has made questionable choices as far as marriage is concerned, but now the she's up for grabs, back off sucker".:twisted:

Those skins would make a nice add-on for the model. Maybe you could upload a .pdf. I don't think Ekuth would mind.

As the British would say, "She's quite Fit, isn't she", and her placement is "Proper, and quite right"!!

In Amerriccun is, " Oh yea, baby got back,she's smokin'!!

In Connecticut, we would say. She is a beautiful women who has made questionable choices as far as marriage is concerned, but now the she's up for grabs, back off sucker".:twisted:

In Washington State they'd say, "My, what a Lovely woman!"

and in Texas we'd say, "Look at the Chasis on that girl, I bet she kicks ass!"

F131

F131
MILF works in Minnesota.
Dented, if you want to pm me your email I will send it to you. Minus the new skins that cover the original RY (hull) name plate, the others will have to be trimmed for your model. I put the new RY nameplate font on the wrong part. I would be happy to upload if it works with ekuth.

Z

Zathros

MILF works in Minnesota.
Dented, if you want to pm me your email I will send it to you. Minus the new skins that cover the original RY (hull) name plate, the others will have to be trimmed for your model. I put the new RY nameplate font on the wrong part. I would be happy to upload if it works with ekuth.

Oh yeah, I've heard of "Minnesota's Industrious Liberated Female's". I dated a few too.

Send Ekuth a P.M., see what he says.

F131

F131
Liberal in this State for sure.
I made a couple of additional changes on the bridge windows so they won't be so large. This works only on the original bridge, not the better, thinner "alternate" bridge part that I wished I had used.wall1

Attachments

• Rodger Young New Parts 2.jpg
    Rodger Young New Parts 2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Rodger Young Name Plate.jpg
    Rodger Young Name Plate.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 22
Z

Zathros

The recessed hatches really set if off. A lot of work in there. It's the little stuff that pays off in the end. It's really coming together!

F131

F131
This is a great model and a challenging pleasure to build, but if I could suggest one thing, to add markers on the bottom of the bridge sections to line up the bridge supports and wedges. I ended up gluing my supports a little to close together (wedges won't fit, need to trim). I'm finding that I am better off building all the individual pieces and go back and see how the will all fit together first before gluing. I need to make her as close to perfect as possible.

I am currently working on the lattace/tunnel (thingy) aft of the bridge...very time consuming but will look good when done.

Last edited by a moderator: