Starship Troopers- Rodger Young

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ekuth, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Alright folks, I finally dug the Rodger Young out from the depths of my harddrive...

Designed by yours truly. FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY.

This is still the BETA version: be warned. I've built it, and so have others, so it DOES work, but there may be issues here and there.

ITS BIG. Like "HOLY GOD" Big. At 3 foot plus, using 70+ sheets of cardstock *DO NOT TRY TO BUILD THIS WITH REGULAR WEIGHT PAPER*, and at least a full set of ink cartridges.

It's complex. This is NOT for beginners. But it's the biggest, most bada**ed ship that's gonna sit on your bookshelf you ever did see.

So get to it, you apes! YOU WANNA LIVE FOREVER?!?!

That said, find it in the downloads section, and enjoy! :thumb:
  2. radar*293

radar*293 New Member

this is going to sound dumb...where is the download section?
  3. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Have you tried it at 1.5 foot, by any chance? Does it scale down pretty well, or are there tons of tiny bits that make this difficult?

I DEFINITELY want this! Many thanks for putting it up!
  4. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

@radar: Look at the bottom of the page for "Forum Jump" scroll down to "Downloads" and it will take you there. Alternately, on the top of the page, click on "Home" and then "Downloads" on the right side.

@rodent: Welllll... if you want to try to scale it down, be my guest. Any smaller would be tough to build, IMO. Not saying it can't be done, though! :mrgreen:
  5. Kjev

Kjev Member

You wouldn't happen to have Gearz' Tiny TAC fighter would you? He told me he's lost his copy, and mine has disappeared too.

I guess it just flew away . . . .
  6. Gearz

Gearz Member

Good move ekuth, !!! :thumb:

K'Jev - don't worry about the first version of the mini TAC fighter, it was rough as, and I don't think it was in scale with ekuth's 'Young'. I'll develop a better one to suit.
  7. radar*293

radar*293 New Member

thanks for the help
  8. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

9. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

I'd just call it a Tic TAC. sign1
  10. whiteknight06604

whiteknight06604 New Member

11. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

I love a good pun! Booo!! Hisss!!
    (The louder the boos and hisses the better the pun imho.)
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

You're a freakin' lifesaver!balloon6
  13. ich

ich New Member

Is there also a high resolution version available?
  14. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Sadly, I never got around to exporting the high res version... but it's on my list.
  15. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Here's what he means by "Big"

16. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Okay . . . *THAT'S* big! :eek:
  17. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

MOS! Where you been hiding? Good to see you again. :mrgreen:

Yup, she's big. I warned y'all.
  18. Darth Windius

Darth Windius Member

Eeeerg :eek: I must agrre that it's REALLY "Big":thumb: I was just missing another monster :mrgreen:

Or maybe it's a tiny toy piano backward? sign1

Congrats, Ekuth, and thanks for sharing it:thumb::wave:
  19. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

I'm so close to finishing it, but I've been crazy busy lately. Superb job MOS.
  20. LordPuki

LordPuki New Member

I started this monster three weeks ago and am now down to the last 8-9 pages barring any more reprints (yes, this kit DOES have some issues) and with any luck I should have it finished in time for next weekend. (A buddy of mine is a HUGE Starship Troopers fan.)