Stargate gun: FN P90 build

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Mousemuffins1, May 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

It's Aliiive!!!!!!

filling with foam is lots o' fun. The foil is there to stop me getting foam in places I shouldn't.

I've done the lower stock, a MUCH simpler section after all those bendy grip bits.

..the receiver section next.
  2. Janx

Janx Member

Amazingly good, I've used an airsoft version of this gun and your paper version looks spot on.
  3. BradAmeerBeg

BradAmeerBeg Member

Mousemuffins1 has a real eye for detail, he spent weeks CADing this baby! Not bad eh? I like the sound effects he makes with just the hand grips!sign1
  4. luciencarroll

luciencarroll Grand Poobah

5. McCoy

McCoy Member

nice1 ... i like it
  6. Hobbyugin

Hobbyugin New Member

You haven't posted in a while have you given up. Please I really want to get this so I can build it.
  7. Mousemuffins1

Mousemuffins1 Member

No, I've not given up, just life getting in the way. I hope to get back to it soon.
  8. OB10

OB10 New Member

That's looking great! Very ambitious. One other thing to consider, besides the foam, is Minwax Wood Hardener. You can get it at Menards. It's meant to be painted on rotting wood to make it strong. It does. It's also great on cardboard. You definitely want good ventilation when doing it, but it makes card stock and wood a lot stronger, and waterproof as far as I can tell.
  9. Kjev

Kjev Member

What will minwax hardener do to inkjet ink?
  10. OB10

OB10 New Member

Probably nothing good. I haven't tried it. I don't know if it would smear it or not. At the very least, it would probably darken everything. And I don't know how/if it would react to the foam that's already inside. I don't think it would disolve a urethane foam, but I'd certainly want to experiment on the ink and the foam on something not already done. And outside, just in case there are any unfortunate chemical consequences. I would guess that if the model was Wood Hardened first, then filled with foam, that it would be okay, but that's just a guess. Again, I'd want to try it on something that I hadn't spent a lot of time on. And probably ouside. But both the foam and the Wood Hardener, even when used individually, should probably be used outside.
  11. wolflone

wolflone New Member

It's a nice and very detailed work, my friend. It will be an exactly replica of this weapon. I'll be waiting for the finished model. Keep going!
  12. Kjev

Kjev Member

Hmmmmm. . . . but if one were to use the hardener, and then spray paint it, the ink would be irrelevant. Yeah, I can think of a few people who'd like a hot pink P-90 in the woods!
  13. tnbrad

tnbrad New Member

This is so very cool.
    I have used G.S. foam too and found the a spray bottle of water and come in handy by spraying a bit of water on the growing foam it will halt the growth at that point as long as the back pressure isn't enough to break through.

Can't wait to see more.
  14. oldbot

oldbot New Member

It's really cool. I can't hardly wait to see it finished.
    I'm so interesting to get this kit, if you plan to sale.
  15. darkside_501st

darkside_501st New Member

Awesome pepakura build. I sure would like to give this a try myself. Any chance you would share the .pdo pep file?
    PlatinumNick likes this.
  16. hall120

hall120 New Member

You have some good work there ;) keep it up
  17. PlatinumNick

PlatinumNick New Member

Very nice project. And like darkside_501st said can you give .pdo for this 'cause i think everybody would like to make it.
  18. Revell-Fan

Revell-Fan Co-Administrator Administrator

19. PlatinumNick

PlatinumNick New Member

@Revell-Fan : I've done it. And now to the Mousemuffins1 : Like I said project is very nice and cool. It would be great if you add a .pdo or .pdf of this project. Thanks a lot.
  20. zathros

zathros SENIOR Administrator

This is called "Necroposting", that is, posting in threads thaat haaven'tbeen posted in a couple of months without something substantial to add. Asking for the .pdo. or .pdo isn't something substantial as I imagine it would have been done. Also, that is what the P.M. (Private Message) system is for. No more "Necroposts", please. We usually get spammers posting in these old threads, which are left for reference. I could just delete them but there is a wealth of information, so read and abide by the rules and you'll get the swing of things. It's a common thing, so it's no big deal, unless it is done multiple times. Only the Original Poster can reopen an old thread, which is why I leave them there.

Thank You. :hide:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.