Stargate Destiny papercraft?

sheo15

Hi! :wave:
I wonder if there is a papercraft of Stargate Universe ship Destiny somewhere? It would be interesting to build.

Vahmp

I've got 3 3D models of the Destiny, saved on my comp, that I found on google sketchup.

If anyone's up to trying to make a PM, I'll be happy to send then out.

Vahmp

Hi Guys,

Ok, it's been awahile since I posted that I had a 3D ""Destiny" in Sketchup format.
Only today (while trying to import it to Peparuka) I realized, it can't be done.

So, having alot of files saved in my comp. (all types of ships), I came across 3 that are compatible with Pep... I got one of these files from a friend of mine (Omnipotent) in another site. 3D CGI sites like "lightspeed-art.com" (a Stargate dedicated site) and "trekbbs.com".
When I asked him if I could use it for some reference to use on my Destiny scratchbuild, he said yes, but only as personal use, no comercializing it.
The other 2 files I don't remember who I got them from, but I do remember I got them under the same conditions ("No comercial use.")

My Destiny, I'm still working on her, which is being made of various materials such as paper, plastic wood and so on.
(Fotos can be seen here; http://s829.photobucket.com/albums/... - StarGate Command/SG-U/SGU Destiny Project/ )

Ok I'm getting off track... Back on.

My point is...
I tryed to unfold these models, to use as a type of decal skins, but I'm totally lost at how to do it (and besides that, my system keeps freezing up in the process).

So....
Now that I found these files again (but don't the know how to unfold them), would any of you (Pep wiz guys) wana take a crack at it/them?
The files are in (.lwo), (.obj) and (.3ds) formats, wich as I said, are compatible with Pep...

So whatcha think?

I'll wait for some one to answer....:wave:

Vahmp

I personally want to build it, and also want to use parts and textures (as sort of, full skin decals) of the papermodel (if and when someone makes one) for my scratchbuild.

So far, it's being made out of pressboard and different thicknesses of cardboard. She's ruffly 1/2500 in scale.
This one (I've gotten only alittle farther than what you see here. Built-up the main bridgetower/living area);
3.jpg

Vahmp

Ok...
I need some help (for detailing my Destiny).
I'm looking for some convincing textures for the ship.
Textures that can be copied on to paper and literaly pasted/glued onto my model.
The textures I'm speaking of, are hull plating textures that will add realisim to the model.
If you all look at the foto, you can basicly see the size comparison to the bic lighter.
The mocel is at ruffly 1/2500 scale.

So..... Can/does anyone have any realistic hull testures that I can use for my Destiny?