Stargate Anubis and Horus Headress 1:1 Need Beta..

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by MTK, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTK

MTK Active Member

Here is yet another project that I contracted out for a resin kit producer. The shots below show 1:1 Anubis and Horus Headresses that need to be beta built and textured. Looking for any help I can get here. Anyone want to try the first beta build?

At this point only Horus has the full headress, so that would probably be the best place to start.

Questions, comments, suggestions??/

Attached Files:

deadlySiobhan and Ângelo Daniel like this.
  2. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Member

I have been looking for a Serpent Guard head to build for Halloween. The Horus looks pretty good too. So I will help with the beta build.
  3. MTK

MTK Active Member

Excellent! Welcome aboard and thank you.:thumb:
  4. movieman

movieman Member

5. MTK

MTK Active Member

If that's so, then someone did not tell me and that is the honest to God's truth. If you did these then I will either credit you, or remove them and remove the offer and confront the person that sold me this bill of goods. I am NOT in the habit of stealing someone elses work. I contracted to have the Anubis head done. Anyone that knows me knows that I make every attempt to credit those I work with and, or credit the original creator. I think my posts in this forum bears that out. Anyone that says differently is a bald faced liar. I'm not happy to hear this. BTW I have attempted to contact you on the Cylon.

I will not be held responsible for others actions! Tell me if these are your models and prove it and tell me how you want to handle it.

Since you didn't see fit to contact me in person first, please do so in this thread.:cry:
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

I've given you fair warning, which you did not give to me, Show me your proof.
  7. movieman

movieman Member

The models have been claimed by Nintendude as his.... I have only unfolded them all .... He knows about the unfold I did and was grateful as he does not always have the time to do them himself... I have also done other items for him, I only stated that there is no need to either unfold or beta build items as I have already built them all as you can see by the photos posted over a year ago. I only ever uploaded the Anubis head online but never the rest of it... Horus is the only one that I have uploaded to my server for download that was complete.... which there has been over 1500 downloads to date so I am sure that it has passed through many hands by now and be claimed by others... this seems common practice by some, which is slowing putting creators and unfolder off giving these model free to the general builders... even I am have slowed down on the huge number of models I am working on...(and boy I have some great ones coming up:mrgreen:) and to make a decision wether to upload them for free at all or even to lock them to stop people re-crediting them. It sounds like you have been a victim of this..... no blame is aimed at you as it is easy to fall victim of items that have had the credit removed....I always state if I have found an uncredited item online and only state the credit of unfolding it, and I state all credit belongs to whom ever the creator is.

Ya just read your e-mail on the cylon...... at the moment I have been swamped with creating and unfolding full papercraft Predator armour and props.... all the Bio helmets from each movie are done.... I have already uploaded some parts earlier in the year.... basically everything anyone needs to build a full Predator costume will be available.... I have also started on a full Alien costume and a Predalien.... I have a lot of people bitting my heals for these items.

All the best

8. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

I'll add something here...

I'm the one who sent those models to Joe(MTK) over a year ago. I did not claim credit for them as you can see in a screen capture of the original email conversation. Only the email addresses have been edited/coloured out. Take notice of the underlined sentences.

I found the files on a file host I believe and no credit was with them, I passed them onto to Joe here as they may have been of interest. At the time he was playing with creating card models so thought they would help. I did not(again) take credit for creating them.

9. movieman

movieman Member

Thanx skupilkinson, never seen you on here before, looks like you were an old member before my time here... that reply is the proof that these are my unfolds as the copy of your e-mails are dated around 3rd July 2010 and my thread for the stargate stuff was started in April 2010... I also see the Cylon head is a problem.... I have a copy sent to me by MTK... and as it is your property I will delete the copy I have on my system.
  10. Master-Bruce

Feel free to keep the Cylon mate, my way of making up for this Stargate mishap. :)

Just wanted to clear things up from my end before anything turned nasty.

Yes mate, been a long time member here but since turning to making props I've not been very active here at Zealot. But you'll see my work around. I've worked with a few designers including Claudio Dias on the X-jet, Bumblebee models and a few others. :)
  11. MTK

MTK Active Member

These models were paid for, by me. Shall I show the Pay Pal reciepts and dates as well? I bought these models in good faith and paid for their construction. I offered them to the community for free and was only look for help to finish them, while I was working on some of the many projects that I have already started. Many of the projects that I have offered up are from Bridge Commander and I have stated as much, I have tried to work out the authorship, or have credited the authors of the others. I will not be made out to be a theif, or a liar. I can produce e-mails that go back for years and will do so.
  12. Master-Bruce

So can I Joe. As I showed earlier. I'm not accusing you of anything. I'm only stating(and proving) that I did not claim to create those Stargate models. Yes you did send me money and I have offered to refund it a number of times. But that money was to help you with a Star Trek shuttlebay model, and then for a Cylon body to go with the head that I had already created. Seems like you only want to make something of this now that you've been caught out as it were.

Check the screen capture I posted. It clearly shows me telling you that I did not create the ones you're offering in this thread.

Even the original Anubis file I was working on wasn't mine, as stated on my blog at the very beginning! However I lost that file in a PC crash. All of this I told you when you first approached me.
  13. MTK

MTK Active Member

Skip, I've asked you more than once about who created what and how to credit those involved. I have never taken credit for someone elses work and have made every effort to credit you on anything that you have done for me. I had no idea that these models came from a video game, or even where they came from. At any rate, I did pay money for the Anubis headress and I did ask you to do it. I even paid to have another model sent to you and you came back later and gave me these models as a consolation! I'm willing to show every e-mail between us going back five years. I NEVER tried to do anything but play things straight with you.
  14. MTK

MTK Active Member

Simple fact, I paid to have this done for a resin model vendor and sat on it and finally decided to give it up for free.:cool: All I have done is ask for help to get them built and get them done.... For Free!:thumb:
  15. MTK

MTK Active Member

I will continue both projects and offer them for free, either here, or on my blog.I've asked for nothing and want nothing, but to give back to the same people that have given to me. I have profitted in no way from the very models that I have paid for.
  16. MTK

MTK Active Member

I honestly did not know any of this. I'm willing to proceed in any way you wish. I would like to see them 100% done. Can we work together and get these done? I would like permission from anyone involved and would like to put them out in .pdo and .pdf format, for free to anyone that wants them.
  17. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

WARNING x2...

This is the second warning on the second thread on this matter.

It's private between you two. Settle it that way, please.

Keep in mind that this *could* all just be a miscommunication. There's tons of models floating around out there that are untagged by the designers and with the way pirates go at it one could easily have stripped any identifiers and posted it on another site.

We've ALL had experience with the way things can get muddled.

Please keep this in mind and keep it civil. I don't wanna have to lock this or any other thread.

I will also NOT delete posts unless they seriously cross the lines of the forum rules and regulations. We had too much of that under the previous administration...

'Nuff said.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
  18. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

Threads closed.

Alright, since my message is obviously NOT getting across...

Threads are locked.

Further disagreements, replies, arguments, ect, ect, ect on this matter had damn well better stay in private emails or PM's.

If I see this crop up again ON ANY thread, further actions will be taken.

I have enough to deal with here at home without having to deal with this also. You wanna make it my issue? I'll settle it. Permanently.

Don't push me, I mean it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.