StarFox Great Fox

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Soaring, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Well, I need a break from designing Virtue, but I'm still building the test builds, so no loss there, really. I wanna try, key word- try- to bring up the GreatFox from Starfox Assault due to a request in the Dream kits and wish lists sub forum ---->

Anyways, here's what 5 minutes of modeling did ^_^ I still have alot to do, little tiny greeblies, and the rest of it. I still have to tweak the wings :cry: This is going to be huge :cry:

Attached Files:

2. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Glad to see this on on the design board :D You're off to a great start so far.

Have you any plans on doing a Landmaster in the futrure?

3. Soaring

Thanks Getter 1, I do plan to make an arwing and a landmaster, probably to scale with the Great Fox :thumb:

This is my last update for tonight, I got some supoort finished, tomorrow onto the greebles, G'night everyone.

Attached Files:

4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Can't wait to see the Arwing! She's one of my favorite starfighter designs. :mrgreen:
  5. Soaring

Hehe, I'll make the Arwing, all in good time:thumb:

Anyways, here's some armor plating on the wings of the Great Fox. I'm off to make the inner greebles and the little blasters on the tips of the wings, until later today :cool:

hese wings look tedious :cry:

Attached Files:

SEBRET Member

what made you decide to go with the assault version? just curious. I think it looks great so far.
  7. Soaring

Thanks Serbret for the compliment :thumb:

I chose to g with the Star Fox Assault version because it seemed more...futuristic, and had alot of detail, and don't forget shiny! Plus, after you put this baby with the Arwings, you can remake the Rebellion by that monkey in Star Fox Assault. However...there aren't many shots of this gem out there, so I'm going by in game shots, and things I think should be there.

SEBRET Member

I know what you mean. In game shots really seem to be the only ready sources of pics for these guys.
  9. Soaring

Here's a shot of the Meta Render of the Great Fox, I have the major pieces finished, except for the under armor, then I'll add some details and move onto the body. Nothing really new here except for the little rods on the ends of the wings, and some very little detail on the wings. :mrgreen:

Attached Files:

10. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

Are you going to put some kind of spacer in between each wing? I haven't played assault so im not sure if the wing edges are beveled or if they are two separate layers.
  11. Soaring

Actually, post #3 on this Thread shows the black spacers ^_^
  12. SEBRET

SEBRET Member

woops my bad, lol
  13. Soaring

Woot! Finished the first part of the greebles on the wing, I still need to greeble the back parts of the wings, and the tips. Tonight is going to be hectic :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

14. Soaring

Just a thought, what do you guys think of highlighted greebles, tiny boxes that look like lights on the ship?
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Lookin great soaring ;)

Starfox Assault has some great designs. The DS game had some cool ones to :D

let me ask, how many of you guys have seen Starfox 2? It was cancelled at the last minute due to the debut of the N64. I played a ROM of it and it was a great game with 3 diffrent Arwings. Each Arwing also converted into a walker/ land assault mode. Very cool game. I started making a balsa wood model of one of those Arwings a while back but never finished it up.

Keep up the great work Soaring. I'll be looking forward to your Starfox series :D

16. Soaring

Thanks again Getter :mrgreen:

True, Star Fox Assuault does have some great designs, while looking for an Arwing BLueprint and a Landmaster, I found one of the newest Arwings, boy does that thing look like a Veteran flyer :eek:

Definitely, I've never seen Star Fox 2, I thought the first one was Star Fox from the N64, so I'm not sure how Star Fox 2 would come before, but hey, I'm pretty clouded at that.

Any images on those convertable Arwings? :twisted:

Again, thanks.

Alright, so about the Great Fox, I'm nearly finished with making all wings. My final step is to make the centre wing, or tail wing. I would have had a picture of it completed, but here's it in its W.I.P. stage.( I forgot to lock the wing before armoring, so I accidentally slanted it :()There'll be a wrap around thing. The armor you see will be pasted onto one huge black wing.

Next photo is the final greebles, I've decided not to go to the back, because there's an odd slant there. I added some colored boxes for lights, however, when you build it, you can use LED's if you can figure out how.

And finally, this is what I'll try to make with the Great Fox. The Arwing. There's a blueprint I found, however, I think I'll use a different version, either from the DS version or Assault, who knows? I'll probably make one to scale, then make a huge and detailed one (I've always wanted an Arwing).

Until tomorrow!

-P.S. If anyone dislikes the black on the wings, go ahead and say, I can provide a version with silver wings only.

Attached Files:

17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Hey Soaring,

The 1st Starfox was for the Super Nintendo back in the early 90s. Starfox 2 also was for the Super Nintendo but withe the upcoming Starfox 64 it was cancelled :(

Here's a great Starfox site but you may have to check it out later as I got a suspended message when I went there a few minutes ago to check if the link was still live,

I never knew of Starfox 2 till I found the above site. Awesome game, too bad it never was released. There are quite a few SF2 images there.

18. Soaring

Wow! Thanks Getter, that site is packed with some great shots for some designs ;) Now which one is cooler...the Arwing from Asasult, Adventures or the old school... So hard to choose! These are great references!

The link is alive, but after I kept clicking on next on the images, I got a suspended message too :(
    I didn't see any SF2 images on there, in the morning I'll probably search through it like made ^_^
    Night everyone, I'd stay up longer, but with only 5 more hours of sleep left...
  19. Kjev

Kjev Member

Soaring, it looks awesome! I may skip the bother-in-law and build this one myself.

For those interested, there is a model of the arwing out there somewhere. It's a pretty simple build, about 4 inches long when finished.

And please educate the ignorant non-nintendo in me: What's a Landmaster?

20. Soaring

Hehe, Thanks Kjev, but if you decided to change your mind, make sure to build this one for your B.i.L. just incase he can't get the small greebles ^_^

A Landmaster is, can I say, tank sorta typed thing? Well, I know that it can moves fast, and has one huge gun. I suggest looking through wikipedia ^_^