Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gearz, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Gearz

Gearz Member

Starcraft Card Models?
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest had/has a bunch of the models

terran equipment
    protoss equipment
    and even some Hydra stuff

3. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

4. Toronto

Toronto Member

since is down and that battlecruisers is only avaliable in white color
    are there any more? thanks
  5. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

I think I may have downloaded them before they crashed. I'll check, if I have them who's permission do I need to repost?
  6. Toronto

Toronto Member

maybe you can post them first, then ask the admin?

ACtually please do, they are losing their own database, maybe this would help them to rebuild their database.
  7. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

8. tiengwen628

tiengwen628 New Member

i downloaded the set (protoss , terran and zerg) of paper models from the archives of 4chan..... can i post? the txt file said that its from I got it yesterday
  9. rickstef

rickstef Guest

no you can not post those files here, unless you got specific permission from the designers to post them here.

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

We cannot be uploading models to share without explicit consent from the designer/owner of the copyright.

Thank you,

11. RacerX

RacerX Member

I'm new here so dont shoot me if this has been asked before... Has anyone considered trying to get the designers to release their paper models under a Creative Commons license? I would bet most designers would be happy with a Non-com, share alike, attrib license such as . If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to help.
  12. blaar

blaar Member

Any other links for siege tank ?

Don't really want to join the Yahoo group.
  13. azgard

azgard New Member

14. blaar

blaar Member

Thanks for the reply azgard.
  15. Ing. Spendlik

Ing. Spendlik Member

Does anybody have some blueprints (or just some sideviews - to know the size of it) of the new SC II Battlecrusier? New Hyperion is just awsome...will be great to have highly-detailed model.
  16. fico86

fico86 New Member

I am not sure where you all stand on models extracted from games, but I managed to extract the 3d models and textures from the game using 3d ripper dx.

Heres the Hyperion: (model in .3ds format, textures in .jpg)

But the problem is that the textures dont apply properly onto the models. I think you have to redo the UV mapping on the models.
  17. fico86

fico86 New Member

also i want to work on the Jim Rayon's revolver from the ingame cinametics.

But again the textures dont apply properly onto the model, an i am no idea how to do the UV making. If anyone can apply, i will be really gretful.

Download the mesh (.3ds) and texture (.jpg):
  18. Ing. Spendlik

Ing. Spendlik Member

WOW...This is exactly what I have been looking for!! There is a lot of work on it (I need to transform it to NURBs model) but it is a great model to grab sizes and angles to create a great paper model.

Thank you!
  19. blaar

blaar Member

@ Fico

Great. Have you managed to extract / capture either the Thor or Odin or any of the Mech type of units. Would love to try and convert them to paper.

I think if you can capture the unit itself and not the cut scene version it would be lower poly to work with.

Hope you can help.
  20. fico86

fico86 New Member