Star Wars Republic Commando

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hi Guys,

We've seen alot of 1:1 scale costume pieces and props lately. From BazookaJo's Cylon armor, a Halo helmet, to weapons like the new Endo Rifle.

I wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to extract meshes from the Republic Commando game to creat armor for the Republic Commandos themselves? OR the standard CloneTroopers?

I think they're awesome and I know it's possible to buy fibre glass and styrene armor for them it would be cool to be able to build them from card.

Has anyone even tried this before or even designed a mesh from scratch for this or a similar purpose?

This isn't a request for someone to do it(though it would be cool), I was just curious. Maybe a future project for myself????

Anyone know anything?
  2. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

3. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i have these. they are real complex meshes. some serious work would be involved in simplifing enough to unfold.
  4. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Any Stormtrooper cardmodels? The classic Stormtrooper is my personal favorite and I'd love to have a 1:1 costume made from card.
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

i have future plans for a storm trooper but it wont be 1:1.
  6. Toaster

Toaster New Member

7. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Thanks Steve0, though the Republic Commando is not seen in the movies. They're from the game of the same name. Here's a pic:
    They're similar to Clonetroopers but better!

I know of people who create low poly meshes for modding games like Jedi Knight 2, I've seen the RC mod and it looks good enough for what I'd like to do. I'd like to start with the helmet. I've contacted the author to get permission to use his mesh and if he'd be willing to send me a 3DS version of it. We'll wait and see what happens.

I know of the Dented Helmet, there are some great templates there to create Fett armor including the jetpack and helmet for both Boba and Jango. I don't recall seeing anything there about Republic Commandos though.

Any help here would be appreciated. :)
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Thats the beauty of cardmodels: infinite scaling possibilities! :D