Star Wars. Emporor's Royal Guard Helmet

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Jul 1, 2008.

1. stackw

stackw Highly Dangerous Mind...

It will be commercial? Or are you doing it just for the fun?
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Commercial I'm afraid. Few of my models will be free from now on thanks to another idiot selling my model on ebay. :( It's detailed in my blog. ;)
  3. stackw

I've seen it....
    I have wishes to take those f*** pirates by the ears and spank them with a dead cat until the cat says "stop"...
  4. Master-Bruce

Wouldn't that be nice. It's a shame that all we can do is send nasty emails sometimes. I'd love to be able to look a few of them in the eye. Still, life goes on.

If you're interested in any of my models, you know where to find me. ;)
  5. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

does this mean baricade will be comercial?
  6. Master-Bruce

Nope! ;) I've promised that one to this fine community and I'll stay true to that. :)
  7. stackw

Interest I have in ALL of them....

I get really sick when it comes about piracy... Once I am a wannabe modelmaker, i have lost many good "free" modelers to the pirates. Many people who have inspired me to make my own models, people who served as a lighthouse into modelling, people the pirates took away from my hands....

There's some things that, unfortunatelly, are not exclusive to the poorest countries of the world... better if that things just never existed...

But, Keep up the good work! As long as I can, I'lll use any means at my reach to support your (and any other peopl here) work!
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oops guys, I know that even I have to vent on stupid piracy et all, but following forum conventions could we keep it in PM's in case anything goes wrong...?:rolleyes: Just a reminder, no offence intended -- we all support you Skip!!!
  9. Master-Bruce

None taken buddy, I didn't know we couldn't discuss piracy though. I was only explaining that "that" was the reason why I intend to now sell me work. Most of it anyway.
  10. stackw

Sorry Lex... I'd always took this matter as personal...
    I promise to not flame about this anymore.

Back to business: Skip, how much will it cost? (hmm... I see a fat-latino crimson guard joining to serve the Emperor... hmm...)
  11. Master-Bruce

12. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...Hope the pricing isn't something only Palpatine can buy... :D
  13. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

There is no "forum convention" that states we can't discuss piracy, it's just something that's not discussed at length in certain aspects... Telling people not to mention they don't like pirates in public is going a bit too far don't you think Lex?

Should I have said that in PM? :p
  14. Master-Bruce

Lex, the prices are fair I think. So far no-one's walked away after being put off by the cost. Especially when they compare it to the cost of cast or vac-formed helmets and armor.

As for the Piracy thing, I undertand it's an unpleasant area. It's just we see it alot in our hobby so feelings on the matter will run high. Especially if you have been a victim of it.

Anyway, I'm all done talking about it. :)
  15. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Oops, sorry guys I've gone too far... Apologies, --and now, back to some cardmodels! :D
  16. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Sorry to hear you've been a victim of it Skip.

Withthese helmets of yours, are you using the paper model as a base for the fibreglass or are you using it to create a mold, kindof like what Joe was doing with his paper to plastic stuff?

I'm interested in the technique because I'm doing something similar with my tumbler now that I've moved on to the engine and afterburner :)D).

The rounded paper parts are not smooth and round enough for my liking so I've applied a decent layer of Tamyia model putty, basically giving the part a plastic coating which I intend to sand into shape when it dries. I'm just wondering if there's another way to do it, although I'm trying not to step too far away from the paper/cardboard if I can avoid it... just for that rounded black section at the back...

Sorry if this question doesn't belong here, if it's too off topic feel free to reply in PM.
  17. Master-Bruce

It's cool. :) Yeah, the papermodel serves as a base. You give it one or two coats of resin on the outside to stiffen the card further and help it keep its shape when yu add fibreglass to the inside. Once that's done the helmet is pretty solid(I've seen one guy stand on his helmet and it held!).

Then for smoothing car body filler is used and take the polygon look out of the model, and also to add details if need be.

So I'd say you're on the right track for the turbine on your Tumbler. ;) In it's intended scale it looked pretty good, though if you're scaling up then I can see why you'd want to work on it to smooth it out further. ;)
  18. hey skip your work is brillinat im keeping an eye on your blog and the 405th site is amazing i found loads of halo helmets to build and your hayabusa is great
  19. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. :D It's nice to see that people are visiting my blog. When I started it I thought It'd not really get noticed but I've had around 2500 visitors since I started it around 4 weeks ago!

The Hayabusa has been long awaited in the 405th. Though in the last week, three different versions have/are being worked on. LOL! It's like a bus, you wait hours and thn three come along at once.
  20. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Skip, I'd love to see what you could do with the new Battlestar Galactica Viper Helmets ...