Star Wars. Emporor's Royal Guard Helmet

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

Whoa! That guy in front of the Crimson Grphic Novel has an amazing Guard outfit! I think I like his outfit more than the clone commando's :) And a cloack that looks like his is a sure fire way to intergrate it's realism!

Anyways, can't wait to see those finished fiberglass photos!
  2. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Wow nice job so far. I just came across this today as I was looking for reference pics for RG helmets. I had thought of doing an original sculpt and then vacuforming styrene but might give the paper/fiberglass bondo a shot.
  3. stackw

stackw Highly Dangerous Mind...

I can't not ask....
    The police will not let me ride my bike with this, will?

Nice work!
  4. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Ride a bike? Erm, no. The visibility is limited and the helmet doesn't allow you to move your neck in any direction. God knows how these guys were meant to perform in combat whilst wearing their helmet! :)
  5. stackw

Those guys are the Emperor's personal guard! The simply sight of them should make the enemies terrified!
  6. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

You forgot that these things are not actually supposed to be made with paper... er, right? :D
  7. Master-Bruce

LOL! Of course. I was referring to how the helmet reduces your field of vision and prevents you from moving your neck. ;)

If I were a Jedi about to attck one of these guys, I'd simply blind side him! One stroke with my lightsabre and he'd be done for!
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

The Guard then cunningly laughs: "Haha my helmet is transparent from the inside!"
  9. stackw

..and if I remember, those guys walk in packs of about 10, don't they?
  10. Master-Bruce

11. thorn

thorn New Member

Dude, that's an awesome helmet! Have you ever thought of trying any other Star Wars helmets?

Republic Commandos, clone troopers, Mandalorians?
  12. BazookaJo

BazookaJo Member

Very nice work my friend :thumb:

Another excellent contribution to paper modelling - keep up the great work :mrgreen:
  13. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy! :) You were one of the ones who got me thinking of paper costumes. ;)

You may be interested in one of the projects mentioned in my blog. ;) The link is in my sig.
  14. littlemodeler

littlemodeler Member

LOL...transparent from the inside:p
  15. grifco2000

grifco2000 Member

great work

:mrgreen:Thsnks for this!!!!!!!!! Fantastic work and really appreciated. A generally backstage subject brought to the fore!!!:thumb:
  16. Master-Bruce

Just glad you guys like it. The weather's been terrible here so I've not had a chance to finish the fibreglassing. Soon though. I hope.
  17. stackw

I want!!!! I realley Really want!!!!!!

I just can't wait to see it finished..
    But just a question.... you said that the visor hole is too small. I was wondering: is it smallest than a racer helmet? (aprox. 2 inch) If it is, really, you can't even think about aboarding a vehicle wearing it but... if not......sign1
  18. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much. Though I've still not had a chance to get out and make progress. :( The weather's too damp here at the moment, good old British summer!

The visor is small, especially for riding bikes!

I've been busy though with other things. Visit my blog for more info on what I'm working on. ;) The link is in my sig.
  19. stackw

...a costume..... are you going to make an entire Crimson guard outfit (ok, a helmet, shoulderpads and a very long cloak)? I cannot believe.... If I am dreaming, please, do not wake me up!
  20. Master-Bruce

Lots of ideas really. :)