Star Wars. Emporor's Royal Guard Helmet

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Hey guys,

Some of you may have been wondering what I've been doing for the past few weeks? Well, I mentioned in my Barricade thread that I'd become hooked on some of the work they are doing at the 405th,Halo costuming forums. So much so that I thought I'd get involed.

I designed a chest part for them and after that I thought I'd try my hand at something Star Wars. One of my all time favourite helmet designs is the Royal Guard!

I found a mesh online and totally reworked it to be more accurate and to have better proportions in the hopes that I could build my own helmet and using the 405th techniques, make it a solid hard wearing helmet by using fiberglass and bondo.

It's been a relatively short project, development didn't take long and I now have my card model all built and ready for fiberglass!

Click on my blog link in my sig for early build pics, here are the latest photos showing the helmet:

You could just paint it for a papermodel display, or go the whole hog and make it a fibreglass, wearable prop. I hope you guys like it.

If you'd like to build it for yourself then here is the download link. ;)

Check out my blog for a run down of the process and to see what other things I may be working on. ;)

Now that this is off the ground, I should be able to get back and complete the Beater Bee instructions and carry on with Barricade.

Enjoy! :D
  2. Soaring

Soaring Middle School Student

So that's where you were ^.^

It fits too eh? Wow, that's one good looking helmet you've created there sir!
    'Crafty'- No pun intended :)

Short project?, it looks like it took a month to build!

Oh yeah, make sure to post those finished fiberglassed pictures, and if able to, I think you should paint it to make it look real. Great job anyways, I've tried to build an Assult Rifle, it didn't work :( You make it look so easy...
  3. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

I'd love to see a photo of you wearing it!
  4. Soaring

Lex! The first photo shows him wearing it sign1 Looks spiffy on em
  5. Master-Bruce

Yeah, I'm wearing it in the first pic. The handsome chap with the hairy chest!! ;)

I'll post pics as I go, though I'll be updating my blog too. The build only took 3 days in between real life. Thanks for the advice soaring, I never thought to paint it. ;) :)
  6. Soaring

Your welcome, I'll be awaiting the progress both on this forum, and on your blog! Now I just have to remember my account for eblog... :)

By the way, after you paint it, fiber glass, and make it look great in your own perpetual ways, are you going to find some kind of red cloak, or yeah! Then the puzzle would be complete. You'd still need a weapon though...Man! Costumes are demanding! :rolleyes:
  7. Master-Bruce

I'll be going for a cloak, but not to appear as they do in the movies. I'll be going for the appearance of the Crimson Empire graphic novels.

So armor will in my to do list too!
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

...What? I didn't recognize that! (--Whisper: I thought it was a sofa...) :D Sorry Skip!
  9. Master-Bruce

Me? A sofa? I'm not that big! LOL! The last 3 pics are of it on my dining table. The first it's on me.
  10. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Hey Skip, nice work on the helmet... do you have any plans for other star wars helmets or costumes? I've always wanted to do my own stormtrooper armour, but what I'd really like to see is a Darth Vader chestplate in card... there's an 8 year old playing Star Wars Battlefront just down the hall from me right now who would KILL for one of those to go with his helmet. :D
  11. Master-Bruce

It's all possible buddy.

I'll be doing a Boushh(Leia bounty hinter disguise) helmet soon for a friend. Another Halo helmet that I've said I'd do. Plus I'd like to do a full Republic Commando armor and helmet. I also hope to redo my old Fett helmet too.

A Vader shoulder/chest wouldn't be too hard I think. ;) Just give me time. Like there's ever enough of that anyway right? :D
  12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

you are the man <-------- !!!!!!

Any chance that you'll make a small complete model of RG
  13. Master-Bruce

Thanks. :)

It's possible and has crossed my mind a few times. Though not any time soon I think. I just have too many ideas, things I need to finish, and promises to keep.
  14. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Hey you guys are giving Skip too much to do at once and that's not good!! :D
  15. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I wasn't trying to add to Skip's list of things to do, I already know how long it is and how quickly it can get longer. :D

I find it hard to believe there isn't a card Vader chestplate thingy already as it seems like it would be fairly easy to throw one together(I'm talking about the thing with the buttons on it, not so much the whole chest), I might even have a go at it myself some day.

The stormtrooper armour is something I've wanted for a long time and if I was to do it I'd want to do it in styrene or something and there's no shortage of tutorials out there on how to do that already, but I'm going to stop talking now cos I can see my own "to do" list is starting to swell again :p
  16. Master-Bruce

LOL! It happens to us all. Though getting sidetracked is my "thing" I think.
  17. D-WHALE

D-WHALE Utopia Planitia Engineer

Hi Skip!
    you are a workaholic:mrgreen:!!! When do you sleep? i saw you webblog-site and i think the Anubis helmet and the Horus helmet will be a great add to the Stargate stuff:thumb:
    I like this picsign1

Attached Files:

18. Master-Bruce

LOL! Thanks. I think. :)

Yeah, I was fortunate to get hold of a copy of a nice really little model of he Anubis headdress. I'm not starting that project yet though. As much as I'd like to! I want to clear some things from my list first. And see this RG helmet through to the end.

The RG helmet is halfway fibreglasssed now. I'll post pics when it's all done and set.
  19. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Great job:thumb:

I can't wait to get started on this one.
  20. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy! Be sure to post pics! ;)