STAR WARS DARKCHILD - Act 1 - The Darkest Hour

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by julianmaurice, Jul 6, 2009.

1. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

2. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Very very cool. You have to watch the profanity though in Star Wars there is none. It's a human weakness. Hate to pick nits but other then that looks pretty awesome. Did you do the costume yourself (last frame)?

Something else that may want to consider. You can get this stuff called Dullcoat. Hobby stores sell it made by Testers. It's used to dull down a shinny surface in model paint jobs. You could use that to give texture to your figures. Making there clothing/hair look less reflective. You would have to mask the other areas as dullcoat comes in a spray can. Or you could do that in Photoshop too I'm thinking if you don't want to tamper with your figures. I know your going for a figure look to your images but dulling the 'plastic' nature of the clothing will have people wondering if the figures have costumes on too. You could even repaint them too so they aren't wearing the same clothes. I'm thinking a tempura paint as that can be washed off. You would find that with the children's crafts in most department stores. I would test that though on a foot or something just to make sure it will wash off. I don't want you to wreck your figures..

Looking forward to the next installment.
  3. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

You are right, it didn't sound right when I looked at it again so I've changed it.

I've also posted the rest of the act including your beautiful spaceship.

4. Ronson2k3

Ronson2k3 Member

Cool. Looking smashing. Now all you need is sound and some cool wipes (frame transitions) and your set. Sending you a PM again.. LOL
  5. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

Everything you propose sounds like the logical progression for my creativity. I'll get in contact with you shortly.

Thanks for all of your support on this.

6. clif52

clif52 Banned

Bravo.....bravo....encore......encore! I'm definitely waiting for the next chapter. Excellent work Julian. The best photo novel I've seen on the web.
  7. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

Thank you so much Clif, it really means a lot to have such accomplished modelers give me such positive feedback and support.

I promise that I won't dissappoint with the next act.

8. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

9. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

Nicely done, Julian. You may have created a new art form ... graphic action figure novels.
  10. julianmaurice

julianmaurice Member

Why thank you, but I can't take all of the credit. There are some guys over at Rebelscum and who are also really good at this kind of thing "Niktom" & "Yakchewie" just to name a couple.

I must admit that the Photonovel forum is rarely viewed, which I find amazing considering the immense amount of work that goes into creating one.

I really appreciate your comment.