Star Wars Costume Crazy!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

I used the templates to build my Boba Fett Helmet (sorry paint job is c**p)

I used strawboard (2mm thick board) to build this helmet using Alan's templates. It worked out really well. I will probably use Alan's templates to do the rest of the costume at some stage, but probably in pvc.
  2. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Didn't you have a thread about yours at TDH? If I remember right then I've read it, and thought your build was awesome!
  3. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Hey Skip, has anyone on the armour/helmet sites you frequent done anything in the way of Vader stuff? I've got an 8 year old here who has a really cool Vader helmet I picked up for him in a costume shop and I've always wanted to finish off the costume for him with the chest buttons thing and the stuff on his belt (Then talk his mum into making a cape etc)... I know I've mentioned this before but this seemed like a good thread to mention it in again :D
  4. Ron Caudillo

Ron Caudillo Creative Advisory Consultant Moderator

Hey Skip,
    Excuse my ignorance, but what is TDH?

Off topic- I'll be in Tewkesbury England next week!

Best Regards,
  5. Master-Bruce

TDH is what people refer to The Dented Helmet as, it's a Fett costuming forum. Sorry. :) You're coing to the UK? "We shall double our efforts!" LOL! Well I'm in Wales so Tewkesbury(SP?) is a way from me.

Jaffro, I hadn't forgot that one. ;) For the chest and waist boxes, couldn't you improvise something? Or scratchbuild them with sheet styrene and att the lights and switches? I remember when you first mentioned it to me I thought you were talking about the shoulder armor. I'll see what I can do on that front for ya. ;)
  6. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Thanks Skip :thumb:

Yeah I was going to have a go at scratch building them but I just thought if there was already something out there I could save a bit of time which I'm rapidly running out of... baby is due in less than 5 weeks :eek:
  7. Master-Bruce

5 weeks? Dude! Make the most of it! I have just less than 20 weeks before mine arrives.
  8. Simmo

Simmo An Older Junior Member

Nope, that wasn't me. I've done a lot of reading there, but not actually posted anything. The paint jobs you see on TDH put mine to shame. I actually was inspired by a guy who had done the same thing on the instructables site. Alan's templates turn out great whether you use cardboard or PVC.
  9. Master-Bruce

Sorry about that. Though from what I can make out in youe avatar, yours looks tip top too!
  10. Great :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:
  11. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

12. Master-Bruce

Been busy on some new things.

My Republic Commando helmet

EpisodeIII Clone

Mass Effect helmet and pistol

My custom Mandalorian design and my helmet build!

All of the finished templates are available through my blog except the custom Mando. That baby's just for me. ;)

The next one I have on the go is a 1/1 scale Cylon head. That's a commission but it's going to fun!!

Hey, what on earth is going on here lately?? I try to post and I get some sort of "invalid security token" message! Then try to upload pics and I get an "not a valid file type" even though it's a .jpg. Even the small pics won't load up!!
  13. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

hey buddy its looking really good nice mesh. your definatley got the hang of pepakura and metasequa. well done buddy.
  14. Master-Bruce

Thanks Rob. Well Pep was never a problem but Meta was for the longest time. I'm really happy with using it now though.
  15. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Looks great Skip :)
  16. Master-Bruce

Thanks buddy. :) The RC is now ready BTW. ;)
  17. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

........Skip is awesome!

What paper are these supposed to be printed on? For them to fit on a real-sized body they must be PRETTY big...
  18. Master-Bruce

Thanks alot Lex! Glad you like 'em all.

I've done them so they can be printed to A4 or Letter size. Then assemble like a card model. For the Mando lid, I laminated most of the parts to thicker 1mm card.

I'm in the middle of making a pair of Fett gauntlets using the same 1mm card. They're coming together really well. Fibreglass will give them the full strength needed but just the card is pretty strong.
  19. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

great job will they be download or is this a persenl project ???
  20. Master-Bruce

Sorry for the late reply buddy,

They're available but for sale only through my blog. They normally £7.50 each but with every new release comes a 5 day 50% off offer for all templates.

I've just finished another one. The DC-17 Rifle used by the Republic Commandos!! I also have the DC-17 pistol used by Captain Rex in The Clone Wars but that is a personal one.

Here's some pics: