Star Wars Costume Crazy!!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Master-Bruce, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Morning guys,

Some of you may have read my Royal Guard thread? Where I've created a papermodel based template for building a 1/1 scale RG helmet?

Well, things have gone further now. I've modelled a few more Star Wars subjects for costuming. I just wanted to show it off to you guys. ;)

Boba Fett Gauntlets
    Boba and Jango Rocket and Arena Packs
    Episode III Clone Trooper Helmet

The Fett stuff is modelled based on Alan Sinclair blueprints, Alan is a member of The Dented Helmet. These three are intended for members of TDH. Boushh and the Clone are commercial, though the Clone hasn't been fully unfoled yet.

You can see design progress at my blog as well as read a little about their design.

Hope you like 'em guys.
  2. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

These are really good. The Force is with you.
  3. Master-Bruce

Thanks very much buddy. ;)
  4. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

5. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Oh please Are you do Bobafett Helmet ?? and his baster rife
  6. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Fantastic stuff. Hows about a basic stormtrooper helmet (is there a full scale paper model of this out there already?) or a Tie fighter pilot helmet? Very cool work so far. Keep em coming.
  7. Master-Bruce

Doing the helmet, but have no plans for the blaster rifle. Sorry. It is a cool weapon but it's just not on my list.

There is a Stormtrooper helmet out there but it's a commercial model. It's pretty good but it is too big. I'm afraid I don't have a link for it though.

Thanks for the compliments here guys, I always appreciate them. :)
  8. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

"The force is strong with this one" :D
  9. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

You are redoing the WOF Boba Helmet?
  10. Master-Bruce

Thanks Lex. :D

Redoing it? No. I've not tried it but from what I last heard it made into a great bucket! No, I'm just doing one Pepakura style. Though mine is based on WoF blueprints. Alan does great work! Modelling the rocket pacs was a dream since I was using his blueprints. They lined up almost perfectly. The man's a genius. ;)
  11. Boba Frett

Boba Frett Member

Yes he is, Alan's work is top notch.
  12. Master-Bruce

I agree his contribution to both the Fett community and modelling in general(again with his blueprints) is huge! I've credited him at my blog too, without his efforts, modelling the packs, gauntlets and the helmet would be difficult. To get them right anyway. ;)
  13. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

Hey Skip, isn't there supposed to be some antenna-like greeblies on the Boussh mask, on both ends of the big rectangular shape on top?
  14. Master-Bruce

You're right there is. Though these aren't true papermodels, there's no texture even. These are meant to be bases from which to build your own fibreglass helmets.

So the PDO is just the basic helmet, the greebles, finer details are ment to be added by the builder since they're too small for fibreglass. Once the base helmet is done, people can scratchbuild the rest or use the parts recommended on the various costuming forums. ;)
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

For the comercial Storm Trooper Helmet it was done by Kancho and found here,

Skip your Fett accesories are lookin great. I have a paper helmet on file somewhere. IT's pretty good but that's all I have for patterns. Are you going to make those avaliable? If so then I may just have to give costuming a try.

Does anyone have refrence drawings of Fett's Blaster?

You know I would love to see my favorite Storm Trooper of all time, the Biker Scout ;)

16. Master-Bruce

Hey Getter,

The Biker scout was what I was going to do, but got all Fett'd up after watching AotC and RotJ. LOL!

These will be available free to all, though they'll be at The Dented Helmet, since I'm trying to give something back after all of the stuff I've got from there. Speaking TDH, you'll find stunning plans of Fetts rifles there by Alan Sinclair. Some even have the inner mechanism!!
  17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I found the Fett helm I have and it is by Alan Sinclair.

Where can I find more of his stuff?

18. Master-Bruce

I thought it would have been.

He's created templates to create pretty much all of the Fett amor. Gauntlets, helmet, knee,torso, shoulder, cod armor. Blueprints of it all(I'm using them to base mine off of), and blueprints of some of Fett weapons.

It can all be found at TDH. ;) It really is some awesome work!
  19. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Wow he's released more templates? It was a long time a go when I found the helmet and at the time that was all that was avaliable. I couldn't rember where I found it to begin with :p
  20. Master-Bruce

Yeah, he's been very busy. There are still a few things he hasn't done like Jangos Arena jetpack but he's got other jobs on and needed to step back for a while. That was another reason why I started the jetpack. Try to fill the gaps until he gets back on it.

Like I said I'm basing my stuff off of his blueprints so the chances are my stuff will be very similar to his, so me doing the helmet and rocket pack is almost a futile task, seeing as it's been done already. Especially since they'll be so similar. I just wanted to do them the Pepakura way, you know, 3D reference, gluetabs and easier scaling options for the helmet.

Yeah, check it ll out buddy. For Fett fans that forum is awesome! THE best soruce for Fett material and chat.