Star Trek Runabout

djt

So, my first build thread.. Please bare with me. Have decided to do the Rubicon Runabout from Paragon. (Paragon is awesome) Everything I have done so far has been as close to 1:18 scale as I can get without getting ridiculously big. This appears to have overstepped that somewhat. Just now realizing how big this is going to get.20141118_171414.jpg
This may be a little ambitious. Any way, I am going to try and do interiors and lighting as well. I like to use black poster board to reinforce the card stock and also stop bleed through of the interior lighting.20141118_171515.jpg More to come soon.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
This is going to be interesting to watch.
I will be following this thread!

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I am looking forward to seeing your panels and seats.

I have the rear, interior section somewhere in a book. It shows the bunk beds and table area. Do you have it, or would it help?

djt

I am looking forward to seeing your panels and seats.

I have the rear, interior section somewhere in a book. It shows the bunk beds and table area. Do you have it, or would it help?
That would be a huge help. Have not been able to find a lot on the interior.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Trying to figure out how to PM you...I'm new to this system since Zealot revised...
It is quite simple.
Just click onto the persons avatar. A small black window will appear with the profile photo and a few options (one being "Start Conversation". This is for private messages). Click on the "Start Conversation" button. Then go from there

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
It is quite simple.
Just click onto the persons avatar. A small black window will appear with the profile photo and a few options (one being "Start Conversation". This is for private messages). Click on the "Start Conversation" button. Then go from there
Thanks! I am still learning the new page system.

Can I make attachments to a PM?

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
For security reasons, no, you can not attach files to a pm. You wil have to exchange email addresses.

djt

20141121_210611.jpg 20141121_210623.jpg
Haven't had much chance to work on it. I try to put access panels in so the interior can be viewed. I use magnetic printer paper around the edges to hold the panels in place. Since it is very thin it barely raises the panel out of the model at all.

Maverick65

Looks like your off to a fine start. Looking forward to more. So how does that magnetic paper workout, cause I've never heard of it, magnetic ink sure, but not paper.

Thanks for sharing your project with us.
Best regards,
Rick

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
@Paragon should see this thread. I think that he too would be amazed at the work that you are doing.

I too am curious about the magnetic paper and how it works.

djt

Looks like your off to a fine start. Looking forward to more. So how does that magnetic paper workout, cause I've never heard of it, magnetic ink sure, but not paper.

Thanks for sharing your project with us.
Best regards,
Rick
Thank you. The magnetic paper is just sheets of paper with a thin magnetic back. It comes in gloss or matte and can be used in a laser jet or ink jet printer to print photos on. If you notice in the picture I have cut an opening in the top of the ship. the black around the inside of the opening is the magnetic paper with the paper side down. The panel will have a matching piece of the magnetic paper on its underside, so when placed in the opening, the magnets will hold the panel in place. It also creates a nice seal that does not let light bleed out.