Star Trek: Romulan Ships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Paladin, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Paladin

Paladin Member

Anyone know of any plans to design a paper model of the Scimitar, or the Valdore ships from Star Trek Nemesis?
  2. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

well i try to on number of times but had some problems .
  3. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

The Valdore would ROCK! I'd love to see one. :)

As for the Scimitar, I'd like to see that too but have never trid to model it. There are some meshes out there from game modding sites like If someone is seriously thinking of taking the project on then through a PM my way. I'll be able to "help". ;)
  4. stackw

stackw Highly Dangerous Mind...

Oh boy... "ITryied" is the word I most say 'nout te Scimitar...
    I have extracted the model from SFC3, converted and imported to PD2. This point till now, all I had in this project was a massive failure...

I'm trying (again) to edit the 3D, to make a decent model, not a beginner's one, but not a "pro" model too.

Will post news about it ASAP.

5. Master-Bruce

Good luck with those meshes. I've looked at them too, though if it were me, I'd try it from scratch.

I look forward to your progress. ;)
  6. stackw

Oh well....
    I'm not really good scratching... (My father uses to say if I can't use a hammer, I can finish something... :) ) That's why I opted for the three-d mess, ops mesh of the Scmitar.

I'm expecting some trouble with the size of that thing, once the #d softwares are not my primary work too (actually, I breath Photoshop at work), but as our government tryied to make people believe, "I'm brazillian and I never give up!" (lol). Expect news, sire, for sure. but I'm afraid It'll take a little longer...
    but it will come.
  7. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

Well, Valdore, together with Negh'Var is on my to do list, I only started working (sloooowly) on Negh'Var, due to excess of unfinished projects. Both are models from SFC3 game, and they are great, with great textures.

Currently I do have some cleaning in a more advanced stage for another non canon Design, a Romulan ship called Mogai' Hvei'khenn, and designed by Atolms. However, it will take some time to finish.

I love this design, it's another one which would fit quite well into Star Trek universe.

Pic below:

Attached Files:

8. tglenchur

tglenchur Member

9. stackw

As longer as I love Herr Sanger models, I guess we are talking about this scimitar:

10. ohh thats the scitmar i thought it was the big ship from nemmesis that the remans have valdor would be so cool not many romulan ships out there
  11. Master-Bruce

Martin's design is very nice. Though it's not THE Scimitar from Nemesis.

A Valdore would be awesome! Especially if the wings were strong enough to be built with a 3' wingspan. I'd like a large model of that!

Hey siftdel, I love the Mogai!!! I was meant to scratchbuild a master of that for a resin kit company last year. Sadly the compny closed down before work started. I was always sad that I never got to build one. Go to for some awesome Trek ship designs. ;)
  12. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

here is what i have sofar.:thumb::thumb:

Attached Files:

13. stackw

Yup, that one....
  14. Jones Brandon

Jones Brandon Member

it's not done yet but hope you like it!
  15. shiftdel

shiftdel Member

I probably will need to design the parts split of Valdore like a plane project, with an internal frame to support the structure and all those great round shapes, and a skin covering it...

The Mogai is really a great design, I like most of Atolms Romulan designs, although Mogai is the best one!!
  16. Master-Bruce

Sounds good to me buddy!
  17. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

I'm trying to forget Star Trek Nemesis, frankly. :cool: