Star Trek Model instructions.

McGee

Cory
HEEEEeeellllpppp. Hey Everyone. Im working slowly on several different little Star Trek models.
Included in that list are a few of Rawen's smaller models, and co created models, Clever's models ( i asked him but no reply) and the Paragon models.
None of them have any instructions, just parts pages, and none of them that I have are in PDO, just PDF, so Im having a doozy of a time trying to build anything.
It's very frustrating that instructions are not being made available.
I searched threads to try to find any, but I'm not finding anything. Maybe I'm searching wrong? I dont know. Does anyone have any links or ideas or knowledge they would be willing to pass along.
Please dont anyone say "Well they're really quite easy to figure out" NO... They are not. Even the "simple ones" have parts that I don't have a clue about.
Sorry if I sound pissy but trying to do model after model after model, and continually seeing No instructions available is very irksome.
Thank you for any help you can offer.:thumb:

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Here is Paragon's website:http://www.freewebs.com/paragon19/
If you click on the photos of the ship in question, you may find more photos of that particular ship that should help you with the build.

As for the rest, I am not certain.

Please post photos of the areas that you are having problems with and someone might be able to shed some light on it for you.

Good luck with it.

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Paragon is also a member here. You can also send him a PM or contact him directly through email (which you can find on his site), and ask him for help. he is really good about helping out when needed.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Hi! Sorry, that there are not allways some instructions! Not every designer make a testbuild, before he upload some models! But this is of course better to find faults and mistakes in the model and in the unfolded sheets!

To ENT-D: this was a Co-Project of Clever and me! I made the unfold and the testbuild! sadly i did not enough photos of the build to make some good instructions (family problems was one of the reasons)! but here is a thread about it:

http://www.zealot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161717

it is the most complex model from him! the other models are also complex, but the parts are so arranged, that they are a build group for the model!
You can always ask me if you have problems, because i had build they, except the Nova-class and the BoP!

Greetings
Marko

McGee

Cory
That is soo awesome and so appreciated D WHALE.. That is a huge help, and I will definitely be pickin' your mind on a lot of those builds. I super appreciate your help.
Thanls again. :grin:

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
That is soo awesome and so appreciated D WHALE.. That is a huge help, and I will definitely be pickin' your mind on a lot of those builds. I super appreciate your help.
Thanls again. :grin:

no problem :thumb:

paper hollywood

Lack of directions is a common problem with downloaded paper models. There is no perfect solution. I've abandoned a couple before after giving up trying to understand what goes where. It's kind of like assembling a jigsaw puzzle sometimes. With experience, though, you do start to understand model designer's logic and it gets easier to figure out undocumented models.

With Star Trek models, though, you have something of an advantage because the craft are so well documented on the web. With most of them-- especially the more popular like the Constitution Class-- you can poke around the web and find plenty of images and even plan drawings to help guide you. I always like to find multiple reference sources when building any model, for that matter. A lot of the ST models are duplicated by different designers, too. Before tackling a really desirable one without plans, you might build a less detailed version with directions just to familiarize yourself with things.