Star Trek DS9:- Operation Return Diorama - 'micro' build log

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9 I'll see what I can do Jim - I laminated the grill flip-cover so there might be glare off the camera flash...

All the scoring is done and I've cut the parts for all ten cruisers. I started edge colouring as well. I decided to have insets for the grill panels; no individual grill layers though - it would take forever and a day! lol

Thanks for all the +ve comments and likes - as always, they're very much appreciated :D

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
You are virtually, a conduit shipyard, for virtual models to find their way into being! :)

linweseregon

@spaceagent-9 I remembered to take the photo of the phone:-
004.JPG
I just laminated a pic I found online and stuck it onto the flip cover. I tried using black paint for the rest, but it wore off the first time I put it in my pocket. After scraping off the remaining paint I used black insulating tape to cover the silver case, with cut-outs for the camera and side buttons - I wasn't bothered about the front screen so I left it covered with the 'grill'. My ringtone is the Amok Time fight music and the intercom whistle is my message alert.

Other than that, work is progressing slowly on the Jem Hadar cruisers. The wing undersides are starting to come together, with the most time-consuming area being the cutting and application of all the paper joining strips.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey, that is a fantastic looking - Farnsworth..! :D:p:D

OK, GREAT COMMUNICATOR!!!! :);):)

Does it really flip open like the original?

linweseregon

Thanks guys :D. It's an old Motorola Razr that has the Star Trek style flip open cover - although the hinge is a bit stiff to do Kirk's wrist twist to open it - lol.