Star Trek Blueprint Resource

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jag2112, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Jag2112

Jag2112 New Member

For those of you who haven't stumped upon this resource yet, check out for hundreds of high-resolution blueprints of starships, shuttles, space stations and more.

Personally, I'd love to see someone take on the challenge of creating a paper model of the Klingon Bird of Prey...

2. Willja67

Willja67 Member

That is a pretty impressive site! As for the bird of prey here is a pretty simple freebie that Geedubbya posted awhile back.
  3. Gearz

Gearz Member

BoP question

While on the subject.. I have a reasonable mesh for the Merchantman / Monarch class ship, ~ The one that had cameo in the opening scenes of ST3 'Search for Spock'. Its a fairly straight forward design. Looks like the vessel has doubled as a utility vessel for several races?. There's plenty of net reference, what I can't nut out is the scale. Perhaps a bit small, but I had the idea to dev it in scale (approx) with the Klingon BoP kit ? The most widely modelled version if there's a few different kits?

? Can anyone give me an approximate size it would have to be, to be roughly in scale with the plastic kit.?
    Or failing that, the general measurements of the/a BoP kit/s, and I can rough it from reference pix.

4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I suggest using Internet Explorer with this site as you can select the ship you want and drag it up against the ship you wish to compare it to.

I'm guessing the ship in question is the 150m long merchantman.
  5. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thanks StevO, Excellent site! its going to answer a lot of my scale questions. On the down side its shot my idea in the foot, the merchantman is actually larger than the BoP. ? I had the distinct impression from the movie it was smaller... Phooey

6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

I think in the ST mythos there are actually 2 Birds of Prey ... one a small scout ship the other an upscaled capitol ship. Don't know why but there is.