Star trek 11: Enterprise minimodel

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Rawen, May 8, 2009.

1. Rawen

Rawen New Member

there is my new project - Mini model of the new star trek ship. Still in progress - there is little problems with nacelles and some graphic need corection.
    Model is created in Corel 13

Model for betatest. Somebody here to build it and tell me what is wrong?

first build photo:
  2. cdwheatley

cdwheatley Member

That looks amazing! Look forward to seeing the finished article. What scale is it?!
  3. dhanners

dhanners Member

Good-looking work so far. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I will say, though, that I've been a bit amused by the enmity that (largely styrene) modelers have shown towards the new design of the Enterprise on various sci-fi modeling discussion boards. The gang positively hates it. Yeah, it doesn't have the classic lines of the TOS Enterprise or the refit, but hey, it's a movie.

As I recall, most of these folks trashed the NX-01 when its design was first revealed (they called it the "Akira-prise"?) but a lot of them wound up building models of the thing.

I just think they whine a lot when they should sit back and enjoy the show....
  4. bf109

bf109 Member

5. Jackrum

Jackrum Member

Thats a sweet little model your making there, I look forward to seeing it finished. If I may ask, what are you using to design it? It doesn't look like its from pepekura.

-EDIT- Hmm would help if I learned to read... Coreldraw 13... designing all those curved surfaces with just that app is rather impressive!
  6. THE DC

THE DC Member

7. Kjev

Kjev Member

Ahhh, that's why we have The B'Rel and the K'Vort class. Classic lines, good looking, nice and green (except mine. It's black) And disruptor cannons. You just can't go wrong with Klingon!

Mastersmith, Klingon Imperial Weapons Guild
  8. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

To be fair, not all of them hate it. Most I think, but not all. And at least one changed his mind when he saw it in action.

On the mini-model, I'm impressed! It makes me want to try it out!
  9. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

They're pissing on the memories of every ST fan since day 1, is why I hate it.

Looking at the trailers objectively it looks like a damn good movie, has got rave reviews, and I'll probably go see it with the family.

But part of me HATES that "Star Trek" is tacked onto the lable. If it were a Serenity movie, a Blade Runner movie, ANYthing else I'd be fine.

But they're actively rewriting EVERYTHING from the ground up. Nothing is sacred to them, and the problem is it IS sacred to a lot of fans.

Much like Lucas in the prequels, they're out of touch with the fans, and have been for some time. Last decent ST movie was First Contact.
  10. trekman1017

trekman1017 Member

where could I get a copy?
  11. about the whole pissing on the memorys of star trek i get what you mean with the whole new ship and new tec way advanced for that point in the trek timeline but apparently there is an intresting plot line as to why it is like that
  12. RodentMaster

RodentMaster Member

Like I said, looks like a *DARNED* fine movie... Just wish it wasn't "Star Trek" in origin.
  13. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

It was a pretty decent movie, but I think if I hadn't read the comic books before hand, I wouldn't have enjoyed it as much. I would have wondered a bunch about where some of the things came from, especially some of the most important events.

Thats "Star Trek: Countdown", for those of you who might want to elucidate yourselves. felt lacking to me. I'm not saying it was bad, I just think lots of things felt rushed. I can't for the life of me understand why so many non-fans enjoyed it so much either...

At the very least, its given me some modifications to make to my Enterprise model, and some more subjects to make models of (the ships in the fleet that engaged Nero). Most of them seemed to be Kelvin bashes, so once I get some good screencaps I'll start mixing and matching.

I'm especially excited about the Miranda-like one.
  14. Rawen

Rawen New Member

Hello, thanks everyone for reactions.

There is some new photos. Model have still some bugs( like every prototype).

15. Paragon

Paragon Active Member

Very nice, simple looking model. We really need some technical specs on her so we can figure out scales of the models, don't we?
  16. Captain Sisko

Captain Sisko New Member

It looks awesome!
  17. redwolf28386

redwolf28386 Member

:thumb:Just got back from seeing the new Trek movie and all I can say is wow!Great storyline, great action...and no its not canon but it's all explained why it's different near the end....clues are everywhere though.... my 14 year old figured it out before I did! Just "listen" he said....The Wrath of Khan was my favorite.... but this movie is now! Go see it!
  18. pařan

pařan New Member

Nice model Rawen :thumb:
  19. ohgodwhy

ohgodwhy Member

I dunno. As far as I'm concerned, the Enterprise is the Enterprise, no matter how you re-tool it, I'm still gonna like it. The only thing I didn't like about the movie was the new Kirk. If you don't look the part, you should at least act it. The minimodel looks great. Can't wait to see it finished. Hope you find time for a Kelvin, too.
  20. jgderuvo

jgderuvo Member

I enjoyed it. I like the Enterprise. Did I have to bite on a few things? Sure. But a great popcorn flick and a solid introduction. Reboot complete.