star destroyer work in progress....

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by gofficfool, Feb 18, 2007.

1. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

have stardestroyer will travel

hi all

thanks for detail milleniumfalsehood incl. add ons lol

well i'm going daft with all this cutting and folding

but here she is.... dry run so nothing fastened down yet... i counted the total sheets so far... 37! i could probably save about 5 by tightening up some of the layout, but theres trench edges and island "overhangs" etc to add into thae spaces... phew!

well......... later

i'm going through the stage where i hate the look of this thing
  2. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Wow! Looking good!!

I can't wait!!!
  3. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

oh i HATE it!

4. 57townsman

57townsman Member

NOOoooo! He screamed in despair, just like when Luke found out Vader was his father :p

5. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I think even us meager builder-only types hit that point on models. I know I do....

You gotta struggle through it, though. You go this far, and just give up, you might expect a few unexpected visitors in the middle of the night... [​IMG]
  6. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

If you give up now, there will be an angry mob gathering outside your door. . .with exactos and cutting mats to beat you with!

It looks great so far! I can't wait until you finish it so I can have a gigantic model of my favorite Imperial warship to hang from my ceiling! :twisted:
  7. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

no worries...... i'm gonna work on with this......

it's that thing where you see the sodding thing every time you come into the room..... i sketch details in breaks at work.... you know how it is

familiarity breeds contempt

i love it

i hate it

go figure

8. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

I like the use of the mobile phone as a weight. Or is the mobile part of the design? Just kidding. Good luck with the continued build.
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Mobile phone?? Aawwww man! I thought it was the new heavy ion turret upgrade. Shoot!

Elliott :-D
  10. Millenniumfalsehood

Millenniumfalsehood Active Member

You over the hate phase yet? I'm kinda anxious. :D
  11. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

frustration factors

yeah i'm over the dislike/hate thing!

very annoyed that work/family/life has conspired to halt any major work on the beast, but have started developing the engine area and still have about 6 sheets of ut/assemble.

with a little luck ( and the fact that i don't get paid for another 4 days ) i'll get some quality build time in over this weekend

fret not!

12. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

ooooo i could crush a grape!

well i had massive panic on saturdday afternoon......

my motherboard or proccessor ( or both ) went pop! noooooooooooo......... no data lost,but after my friends donated an older machine, thank you guys!! i've spent most of my time tryin to get a system up and running.....

not too well so far, :((

i will be back!

13. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Oh dear. Good that you have not lost any data.
  14. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Hang in there Mark! I lost everything to a ground strike a couple of years ago - TV, dvd player, telephones, motherboard, monitor, etc. They were plugged in to surge protector strips which were plugged in to outlets that were supposed to be grounded. Oh - and our home has a house surge protector as well. However, since the ground strike came in through the cable and phone lines, not the power lines ... nothing was covered!:mad:

!@*&%$#*!@#$ fine print!!

Sympathy doesn't help but you certainly have mine. All the best, my friend. Glad you didn't lose any data. Be looking for you when you are able.

15. sprintx

sprintx Member

Bless good for it! I want to built this model because i wana fight my enemy with it haha :)
    nono but i must know in what scale is it because i want to make a tie squads for it. And GREAAAAAAT THANKS U ARE MASTER!!!
  16. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

heyyyy uuuuu guyyyyyys!

i'm net enabled again......

i'm using a cobble together from bits i've scrounged and had lying around..... it's slower, more forgetfull and sounds different, but it works and i've got almost all software/drivers and updates onto it! and my pep files for the stardestroyer!!! yay!

it's a long weekend off here in the uk so i'll get some build/tweakin time in i hope...

have printed the engine wall components this morning and will be starting them soooooon.... mmmm engines....

i,m a much happier fool now

17. gofficfool

gofficfool Member

the best laid plans......

what a great weekend! what a rubbish weekend!

did'nt get much done over the 4 day weekend..... tooooo much stella artois ;)

however i did get the engine wall into the thing and constructed a couple of engines and did some small tweaks and took some pics......

sorry for the stall on this everyone but loosing the big puter set me back but i have now got the equivalent prossesing power,,,, just spread over two machines.... rats!

18. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

I love the detail on that!!!! Don't know if it was on purpose, but the ttabs showing inside give it a real high tech look!
  19. Lex

Lex Dollmaker

Wow, I love that radar (Or was it?) Keep up the good work!
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

It's one of the engines, and yes it sure is a beauty!
    Nicely done!