Star Destroyer paper model 48 inch

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by lajosba, Mar 11, 2010.

1. lajosba

lajosba New Member

2. Tirick

Tirick Member

48"!? Wow. Brilliant work, the detailing and the lights are nothing short of stunning!
  3. dkaniel

dkaniel Member

Oh my wife would just love me if I attempted to build and display something like that in the living room

But also OMG! That is incredible

Awesome! How long did it take to build?
  5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Fantastic job! Greebled to the nth degree. May I borrow your Incredible Shrinking Ray(tm)* so I can build 1:12 models and shrink them to size like you did? :mrgreen:

You wouldn't have construction photos that you'd be willing to post for us to drool over, would you? (seriously)

* - patent(s)applied for. All rights reserved 2010. Copyrighted 2010.sign1
  6. lajosba

lajosba New Member

Thank you. Approximately 3-4 months.
  7. lajosba

lajosba New Member

I have made to order.
  8. racc00n

racc00n Member

Nothing short of amazing. The level of detail and the quality of the workmanship simply boggles the mind! Thanks for sharing.
  9. sjsquirrel

sjsquirrel Member

Absolutely Stunning!

I dream of one day having such a beautiful model myself.

Congratulations on a super accomplishment.

10. oriod01

oriod01 Member

The designers in this hobby never cease to amaze!

I think I just wet myself! When I first discovered this hobby (Claudio's Tumbler), I said, "NO WAY, that's paper! Get out of here!" Now almost a year later, and hundreds of amazing models later, I realize that it is possible to create/recreate anything in paper... Yet I still find myself saying, "NO WAY, that's paper! Frakking Amazing Model man, WOW! I want the patterns and instructions s-o-o-o-o bad I'm drooling. But alas, no doubt this is a 'one off', so I'll just go cry in a beer. Thanks for sharing the pics. Just a little food for thought for all modelers (especially designers), even if you create a model you have no intention of releasing... you may want to save your patterns (scan before cutting if not created in computer). Then save all models on a thumb drive and carry on your keychain or put in a fire safe in case of a fire. To completely lose a work like this would be a tragedy. :eek:
  11. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

Is there a download for this? I have been looking everywhere for just the model and it is so expensive. With this I could build it and my wife would not get to mad at me. Totally awesome!

it's a one-off scratchbuild.

13. dirthmunkey

dirthmunkey New Member

Ok, I just thought that there was some sort of pdo file or something to that effect. Thanks for your help.
  14. hynot

hynot New Member

very good, I'm jealous of his talent.
  15. lajosba

lajosba New Member

16. PixelOz

PixelOz New Member

Yikes, one has to have a whole lot of patience and dedication to put together a paper model of that quality. One can only help to admire the quality put into a build like this, wow, just super.
  17. DJStratoArt

DJStratoArt DJStratoArt

:confused: oh I wish I could see what ya'll are talking about, the links don't work anymore
  18. Nathnem

Nathnem New Member

Is there a new link out there for this???
  19. Aussie Phantom

Aussie Phantom New Member

excellent work!
  20. Obievon

Obievon New Member