standards?

ic&e_modeler

i am about to lay some more track in my yard i havent layd track in a yard yet and was just wodering what is the minimum length there can be between track? what is the prototype space? if anyone has any suggestions please tell me.:wave:

shaygetz

Some folks go as tight as 1 3/4" center to center though the accepted practice is 2". Gotta leave room fer them fingers to grab a troublesome truck outta the middle of the yard ;) . Prototype practice is as varied as situations and locales warrant, each road having its own practices and standards. Hope that helps :wave:

Pooh Bah
For your first yard, the width of a boxcar plus the thickness of your widest finger.
Or, go with whatever your turnouts produce when you make a ladder with them. If they make it too wide, a short curve after each turnout will bring them closer.
I'd go 2 inches as a start.

ic&e_modeler

Thanks for all your help i was thinking around 2 inches but i wasnt sure whether or not there was a nmra standard for width. Once the track is down the way you want its down for a while and you cant change it.:D :D

brakie

Here is the spacing I use.That is about 1 1/2" centers.

Attachments

• IM000083.JPG
    IM000083.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 20