Stand up, be counted and be proud, HOers!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by jon-monon, Jan 28, 2004.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Hi jon,

I'd be worried about being overrun by N-scalers,
    but they got such little bitty feet!!!!!!:) :) :)

"Short people got no body.... "etc. :D :D :D :D

Now where's my keys?:sleeping:
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

4. philip

philip Guest

how dare you call my a ho-er.:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
  5. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Don't worry, the N Scalers are half our size, we still take up more room in the guage than they do :thumb:
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Good luck to you HOers. I guess us N folks just talk too much. Remember we have to have the same size aisles and our hands are the same size as yours.
  7. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

hehehe Thanks Robin, I guess most of the HO folks are keeping quiet so on average, with my big mouth, we'll come out the same as other scales :D :D :D

Gee, I sure hope this doesn't turn into a scale vs. scale LPB fight! I can see dozens of N scale LPBs crawlin up a G guys leg and biting him all over like fire ants or tie him up at night:sleeping: :eek: :rolleyes:
  8. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Watch out Gulliver!!!:D :D :D
  9. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Hey, I have enough trouble with OO modellers.:rolleyes: If you guys feel you are being displaced by N-gaugers, you could always come to the UK.:D :D :D
  10. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

I think it's just N scale is half the size of HO so them N scalers just get done faster because they only do half the work. So then they have more time to yap on the net. I can say this because this is an HO forum here and no N-gaugers should have the time to read this unless it was true (so if you take offence that provers my theory). I never have time to read the N scale forum. Why should they be reading ours, well Robin? :D :D :D Are n-gaugers paranoid? Do they care what us HOers might be saying about them behind their backs?:D :D :D :confused: But really it's them slot car racers we need to worry about. Them and these folks who will turn all our trains to slag with their phasers. FRED
  11. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

I took one look at that homepage and saw "Star trek". That was enough for me!:D
    Are they just the same as portrayed in that episode of The Simpsons? "BI-MON-SCI-FI-CON" and all that.
    And my Brother has the cheek to call ME a nerd!:mad:
  12. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

LOL dash! If you think about it N is about 1/2 HO in linear measurement, but about the 1/4 the area!
  13. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Actually it's lenght, width, and height which means 1/2 cubed or 1/8. But I wasn't gonna point that out because I'm not wanting to be labeled a grouchy old ho.:D And the link to starship modellers has some good How Tos. They scratch everthing they build. FRED
  14. boppa

boppa Member

15. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Does that mean it takes 2-4 N Scalers to equal each of us HO Scale guys?
  16. Lightbender

Lightbender Member

They are not only half the length but half the width and half the height. That means we could fit 8 of them into the space that one of us takes up.

Personally I'm glad that no '0'ers are here to try and make us feel small.
  17. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Hi, shorty. What's up? :D