Stampedes, good or bad?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by crazycuteguy016, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK, my dillemma is that i have a rustler and got tired of it, so pretty much it's sold. So, i've decided to get a new stampede. I am very experienced at driving big trucks so i don't care about the whole wheelie thing. With that aside, does anybody have any comments about it, whether they are good or bad.

P.S-if you suck at driving and broke something, ignore this topic
  2. maybe i came off like a smart a**. I guess that's why no one responded. I just really want to know about these stampedes. I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions for off road equipment. I already have Masher 2000 tires, RPM rims, a high torque stock motor, a 3000 mah battery, a new Intellispeed 8 turn esc w/reverse, and a hummer body for looks. Does anyone want to add to my list of offroad gear that i may need? I feel all this stuff works for me but there may be a better option out there. That's why i ask for assistance.
  3. rustler

rustler Member

i'm not really too impresed with it have you ever considered a big brute i know pimp has one for sale if you want to talk to him
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

well i know you really dont care about my opinion but my bro had a pede and i thought it was pretty cool. i like the traxxas company too so thats one reason i would prefer it
  5. I have one, I put masher 2000 tires on it, and lossed the suspension up, all I am trying to figure out now is how to stop it from flippin.
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

probably not the best idea but add some weight to the front end.or change your gearing so it doesnt have so much torque
  7. Mine is front heavy too, I am trying to do something w/ that, The truck is very durable last nite I took it in my house and went own twelve flights of stars and nothing brokze On it
  8. elvisreaks

elvisreaks New Member

you can trim about 1/2 to 3/4 of inch off the body post to lower the cg. just remember to leave enough to make new post.check out ultimatetraxxas.com for their stampede stuff.pretty cool stuff.
  9. redheat

redheat Member

I wouldnt buy one not that there is anything wrong with them ,It's just that there kinda boring sorry not trying to upset all of you that have them . I'm just spoiled with other stuff.
  10. rustler

rustler Member

especially after having a rustler, that things a blast
  11. redheat

redheat Member

Did you get your tranny fixed on your rustler?
  12. rustler

rustler Member

well for one its not the tranny its the differential and no i'm still trying to find whats broken on the inside
  13. redheat

redheat Member

Well okay I was referring to the dif., if you cant find anything broken then it must be okay, send pic.
  14. rustler

rustler Member

srry cant no digital camera
  15. monsterrcbuilder04

you dont have a scanner?
  16. rustler

rustler Member

yea but i dont know how to do it, oooo yea my brother is home this weekend and he has a digital camera i just need to know how to do it
  17. redheat

redheat Member

Send pics.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.