stampede tranny

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by UltimateStampede, Dec 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have an electric stampede. everything works but the spur keeps slipping. i have a slipper clutch, but when i plug everything in an go the motor spins spur but not the wheels. have any of yall had this problem or can you help me.
  2. osbornel

osbornel Member

sounds like your slipper disk came loose. Or your spring is way to loose, or the pinions set screw is loose.
  3. i tightened my slipper almost as tight as it will go. One time i put ticky-tacky on the spur to make it stick and it worked really good, but i guess it wore out.
  4. your gears are not tight together or the spyder system is loose
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

if im not mistaken,you have a sliper clutch with pegs not a disc.take the pegs out and tighten it down all the way(if you want full engagement).but the slipper clutch is good for getting better traction on off road/slippery surfaces.but if you want the tires to be responsible for all the traction,say, on the street where you have alot of traction then do what i say.take the pegs out.if you do that and gear it low enough,you can make it pull the front wheels off the ground.
  6. i took my tranny apart for the millionth time and figured out that my out put yokes were slipping. i bought some stainless steel yokes and one of the screws wasn't going in right, so im gonna drill a very small crease on each side of it and then tighten it so they aren't loose and wont fall off. but thanks for help timrock.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

let me know if that works for ya.i do know that if you take the pegs out and tighten it down, you will have full engagement;no sliping of the clutch at all.i have a Rustler,took the pegs out for full engagement and i can make it pop wheelies.thats,pretty,much the same thing as your Stampede.
  8. i fixed it the day before x-mas eve and put a little indent in thing for the yokes with a drill and tightened them and it works like a charm. so thanks for input tim, osbornel, and danny.
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

i have the sainless steal yoks too.i used thread lock for thr set screws.but those are way better that the stock ones.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.