Stageing Question

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
The middle of nowhere Oregon
Visit site
I am trying to come up with a new N acale layout and have run into a problem. The area in the box is to be a hidden stageing area that will represent three towns so the most versitile configuration is required. The black is the mainline of one RR (as yet to be named) and the gray is the mainline of another. My question is: how can I best utilize the space? the grid is 6". So far I haven't come up with anything that I like so I thought I'd pick your brains. I'm sure one of you experts will have some good suggestions.

Attachments

• layout 02ns.jpg
    layout 02ns.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 248

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
Visit site
Thanks Jon those look very promising. If you would email the rts file to me I would appreciate it. I knew someone out there would be smarter than me. BTW I used Right Track in the HO mode and just interpeted the grid to fit N scale. The program is set for 12" grid, I just set the layout in a room twice as big as it really is. I didn't see an N scale Right Track program.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Hi Clark, I used the N scale track parts and #6 turnouts. "Atlas N track.blb" and I used the "#6 Custom N line switches". There are sctional straight tracks used, but in real life I would use flex track. Be interesting to see what you come up with. Since you know more what will work for you, you probably can twek it and come up with a better plan. If you want to share it, anyone can upload files into the yahoo group.

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
Visit site
Thanks jon
As soon as I get my yard converted to N scale I'll upload it and hopefully get lots of suggestions on improving it. :D Thanks for the basic plan to work with. I agree about the flex track. I figured on using it for everything except some very short pieces (may use it for those too :)).

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Apr 23, 2001
Visit site
Finally got this in a presentable form. I welcome any comments or critisizims.

eyardex3.jpg

Here is an earlier version that shows the entire layout to put things in perspective.
I like the top stageing layout better, but the problem with this version is that it would have to be underground and I couldn't figure out how to elevate the town so that the station would be at track level but the rest of the town would be high enough to clear the stageing yard. :confused:

bench076.jpg