stadium truck

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by XXX, Feb 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. XXX

XXX New Member

How do you set up a truck for racing onroad
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

tires,camber setting on the front end ect.

what kind of truck are we talking about?
  3. XXX

XXX New Member

XXXT what kind of tires and camber?
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

oh,thats that Losi,i think,right?.Losi and Teamassociated make great Statium trucks for off-road racing.the best in the world,actually,but they have ball differentials.that,you dont want for on-road.the Traxxas Rustler has a planetary gear differential so,when the car is clocked strait,the gears are fully engaged.
    as far as tires,i have experimented with the Proline street hawgs for the front and the ribbed tires have more traction in the turns on road.so for the front,stick with the off-road tires but for the back,i would suggest the Proline street hawgs that include the foam inserts.
  5. XXX

XXX New Member

yes mine has a ball diff do i need to get a gear diff ? so what is happening with my diff when it is clocked straight?
  6. timrock

timrock Active Member

if your diff is not tight enough it will slip.they are nice for off-raod where tires are not fully responsible for traction where you dont rely on just tires.it is much smoother.

what are you intersted in doing with your car?
  7. XXX

XXX New Member

for racing in a parking lot
  8. XXX

XXX New Member

so do i need a gear diff? i have the road hwags at all four. i was reading my book on this truck and it says something about adjusting the ackerman what is that.
  9. mastmec

mastmec Member

NO, you don't need a gear diff, ball diffs are much better and tunable. Just about every on-road car out there has a ball diff.
  10. Pretty much tires, suspension, gears, and motor
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.