ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Alright, here she is. After a few watches of the new movie, I realized my first effort to capture the Enterprise in paper, valiant though it was, also came out woefully innacurate, as well as a little ugly. With many more reference images now available however, I've decided to go back and fix her up. Here's the beta build:

I definitely prefer this version over my previous version, and...dare I say it...I might even like this new Enterprise a bit now.

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
Can I pass along the files to the Constitution to you as a "fan model" of sorts? I don't have them in PDF (not enirely sure how to do that)

C

cmags

PaintShop Pro 7: Their in .Jpg files, I still have a little bit of tweeking.

Hey, I use PSP7 as well! Great program.

Paragon, the re-vamped Enterprise looks great. The only comment I have on it is that the secondary hull still seems a bit off. Maybe it just needs the flat underside to come a little further forward. Your pics don't show a great profile shot to match the side-views Dyna-Soar posted so I guess I'll just have to build it to find out. :rolleyes: I'll send you any tweaks if I make any.

C

cmags

Me too, but for accuracy's sake, the JJ-prise should be the JJ-prise. Now the Paragon-prise is a completely different animal altogether. ;)

By the way, are your updates available on your site yet? Didn't look like it.

C

cmags

USS Hood

Well I finished the Hood a few days ago but finally got around to getting the pics online. Here are the final build pics, and some comments/concerns since the ship I ended up building was essentially the release version:

New shuttlebay vs. old one - I see Paragon agreed with me on this part - glad to help out there.

IMGP1371.jpg

All the parts before final assembly:

IMGP1373.jpg

Assembled starship:

IMGP1375.jpg

IMGP1378.jpg

Final area of concern: The impulse drive piece was wider than the section of hull that it fit on in this model. This is probably because its the same part as the other ships, but the Hood is unique in the cutout section of the hull. I had to snip out the center and paste the engine back on. Also, there was no great way to get the secondary hull pylons to stick at the proper angle, so I had to cut notches in the thin sides and glue to the corners on the hull.

IMGP1381.jpg

Other than those minor issues, I think the ship went together beautifully! I realize I screwed up the nacelle nose cones wall1, but I didn't feel like going back to re-do them. When I build the Kelvin, I'll be sure to make it proper. :thumb:

C

cmags

1:1700 - its what I'm building my whole Trek fleet at (like so many others on the board), other than the shuttles which I started with the Cochrane at 1:150.

C

cmags

Thanks guys! I like to take my time and build 'em clean. This way too, as a beta builder, what I lack in speed I make up for in finding those little quirks a fast builder may glaze over...

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
hi just wonderd when new vector enterprise and dyna-soar's nx 1700 is going to be available for download . if anyone wonders about the pics thier on my new camra .still know way to put them on, because my dad says wait so he can make sure everything is lajit . he is a nevous nelly.

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Well I didn't think anyone would be interested in Vektor's Enterprise, but I can certainly upload that to the website if you want it. Dyna-soar's NX-1700 just popped in my inbox today.

I'd also like to add though, I'd really like to see some builds of my Enterprise fix, if anyone is planning on building her.

C

cmags

I'd also like to add though, I'd really like to see some builds of my Enterprise fix, if anyone is planning on building her.

Well if nobody else does it before me, its on my list after finishing Sidewinder's BoP. Did you do any more work on the secondary hull?

C

cmags

Cool. Unfortunately I don't get much time during the week to build, so I'm limited to weekends, and all the other stuff I don't get time to do during the week needs to get done on weekends. sign1 Sometimes real life can really get in the way of card modeling. (Yea, I know, I gotta get my priorities straight :rolleyes:)

Anyway, if you have some particular areas of concern such as nacelles/sec. hull (which seem to be the major structural changes rather than just cosmetic), I'll start there when I get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.