ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jones Brandon

Aug 10, 2007
Paragon you did a good job on these ships like always man love your work! hey paragon i have some ideas man i sent these images. ssign1 i want the hull markings to be the one i mark in the image. i want lot of windows. if you can try to give that galaxy class look from enterprise D, but future look at the same time. the hull marking i mark in the image change the color to blue. idon't want the name to be to big on the saucer part. i want color of uss griffin name to be light blue. give that future fedration look. i hope you understand what i trying to say. if you don't let me know try best to give a pic of what i have in mind. once agine thank you!sign1sign1

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
Consititution class prototype USS Constitution NX-1700
NX-1700.jpg

:D

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
Interesting, thinking of designing a model of it?

More of a kitbash, but yeah. At least as soon as I finish the Farragut. (I have two nacelles left to go.

Also, would be possible for you to send me a file of the Kelvin Type saucer and Nacelles and the (Enterprise too)with no names or numbers. in addition, on future trek designs of yours it would be cool if you did a "blank" version (like with some of your planes) for those that would like to name their own.

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
i agree with dyna-soar you should release blank versions of your models for people to customize their own , but i think you should leave the colors but take the name and numbers off them insted.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
Good Work!

Well, I hated the movie beyond words:curse:, but Paragon's talent shows through anywaysign1!

You are an excellent designer, my friend, and regardless of how poor the subject material you have to work with, you skills show through and even make these poorly conceived ships look good!

You're quite the miracle worker, [and I bet you type better!:p]

THE DC

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
In the interest of clarity, can you say what was wrong with them? No beef with your opinion, I just want to know what and why. I actually thought they were a refreshing change from the usual beer can, two cigarettes, and pizza pie (you get a cookie if you can guess where *that* came from :D ).

C

cmags

... beer can, two cigarettes, and pizza pie (you get a cookie if you can guess where *that* came from :D ).

eprize1.jpg

I win! sign1 Where's my cookie?

But seriously, this was one of my first paper models, back in high school. I still have a copy of the file somewhere... BTW, has anyone ever seen a copy of the SEV-1701-D? I'd love to build that one too at some point. Very funny.

eprized1.jpg

ThunderChild

Hmmm...
I don't get the cookie...

My opinion on the movie: The ships are cool! I love the window/main viewer idea too. Who's up for a bridge model? Hehehe!

What!? Still no seatbelts!!! :p

McCoy was my greatest disappointment character wise - Didn't feel like Bones...

I would have preferred a real "reboot" to the seemingly "we'll MAKE it fit" attitude. Unfortunately that's what happens when you try to cater to the widest fan-base on the planet... Still, it was nice to see Mr Nimoy in the ears again...

Just to get on topic again, these models look Gr8! You did a spectacular job!

Dyna-Soar

Jun 13, 2005
Alabama
FFfleet1.jpg

Something else I've been toying with: updating the classic Frans Josef fleet (Destroyer and Dreadnought shown).

That should be 2100 as opposed 2000 ( which is the Excelsior) :eek:ops:

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
After you posted the USS Constitution idea here, I got an idea of my own, for another precusor ship. The USS Actium's class (not sure what to call it yet) was a proof of concept of sorts, that showed some of the advantages of not connecting nacelles directly to the main hull. The Constitution class was the first to truly take advantage of the benefits though.

Actium is a warship, I guess more like a destroyer than anything else. Though for some reason, after I built the model, it really reminded me of a Russian submarine...

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
A user on SciFi Meshes named Vektor did an "update" of the TOS design, but unlike most other people like Koerner and MadKoyFish, tried to stay very close to the original. Swept pylons, metal patterned hull, some updated areas. I took the TOS Enterprise available here and modified it into Vektor's design, by redoing the graphics with an aztec pattern and modifying some of the pieces.

Here are some of his images:

Paragon

Apr 22, 2007
Greenville NC, USA
www.freewebs.com
Hey Dyna-Soar, just a heads up, but before you start the Frans Josef fleet you might want to wait for my updated XI Enterprise model. She's in the works now, with updated graphics and some fixed pieces for better accuracy (espcially that impulse assembly).

Plus I lightened the colors a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.