ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Primary hull done!

Ok everything going together good so far. the only things I noticed so far (and this is real minor nitpicky stuff) is that the fold lines on the sides for the rear part didnt quite line up, you can see it on the edge on shots. There is also a very minor gap in between some of the top rings but thats probably my fault. See I hate the whole intermeshing tab arrangement, I always get a wavy saucer that way so whenever I do a model with it I eliminate the tabs from the inside of the rings. Now lemme pry this bridge off sign1

DSCN0160.jpg

DSCN0161.jpg

DSCN0162.jpg

DSCN0163.jpg

DSCN0164.jpg

Paragon

Looks great so far. Thats about how far I am with it too, though I got sidetracked with the fixed bridge. It should be ready in a few minutes though.

C

cmags

You guys are definitely ahead of me. I've tried to put a little time into at least resizing and rearranging parts but my PSP has crashed on me twice now so I'll be using a different computer when I can usurp it back from my wife ;) Basically I'm setting the resolution to 340dpi (original res was 200dpi) and creating a new doc that's 8.5x11 at 340dpi. Then just copy in the parts and re-arrange. It looks like I might be able to squeeze the whole ship on a single page, but it will look like a Fiddlers Green model. sign1

Paragon

Good news: the quick bridge fix worked perfectly, and I'm very pleased with the new shape.

Sidewinder: if you cut off the bridge on yours by the sides, the new bridge will completely cover the cut parts.

I just moved a few days ago, so I can't really find my camera at the moment...

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Hey Paragon. a few parts Im not sure what they are. all on the secondary hull/nacelle sheet. the 2 little black strips, the 3rd pylon thats different from the other 2, the 2 little wedges and the other wedge with the compound taper.

Paragon

Right, the different pylon is a spine that goes behind the bridge. The wedge with the blue squares goes on the end of it. The other two wedges are the backs of the nacelle pylons. One black strip is the top of the bridge spine, the other gets cut in half, to be the fronts of each nacelle pylon.

Paragon

Yeah, sorry that was a little confusing. I think I need to retool the spine a little for the final version.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
well its your model :mrgreen:. but i guess like the normal arrangement with a seperate floor piece and a strip across the back just to raise the floor level off the bottom of the hull a little. that and shrink the door size about 40 percent and it would fit in without having to squash it laterally.

sidewinder81777

Midnight Modeler
Just one nacelle and the spine (Which Im still not sure exactly how it goes on since it doesnt show in the drawings) left to go. I think Im going to have to call it a night and finish it off tomorrow.

DSCN0169.jpg

DSCN0170.jpg

C

cmags

Good God man, are you out of your Vulcan mind!?! sign1 Paragon you definitely picked the right beta builder. You distribute the model at 7:30 last night, and Sidewinder stays up until 4am building. Incredible.

It's looking pretty good, but I see what you mean about the secondary hulls. Is the general shape right or should it be more bulbous in the middle/tapered at the end? I agree with Sidewinder that the shuttlebay needs a lip and bay floor attached to the flat underside of the hull and maybe some sides around the door. Check out the original 1701-A files to see the strip and piece that goes into the back of the hull. In that model the hull is completely sealed before the door even goes on. In my version I separated the strip and added another cone to come from the ceiling to meet the top of the bay doors to cover the open top of them.

I'll resize and print out today. I'll start with a sec. hull and see what I can do.

C

cmags

Well, it all fits on one page - printing now. I added a few parts to the back of the hull to see what we can do about that shuttle bay. I think the over all shape is wrong... Typically there's an overhang at the shuttlebay doors, but your design has the top slanted forward of the lower lip, not aft. But we'll see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.