ST XI Ships

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

Ok, having just seen ST XI, I now realize I have many more models to design. While I know the first ones that come to mind for you all will be the Narada and Jellyfish, my ever-present penchant for Federation ships has driven me to begin work on what I am, for now, calling the USS Hood and USS Farragut, two vessels of unknown class seen departing to engage Nero from starbase.

Here are the drawings I've worked out so far:

USS Farragut

USS Hood (I like this one the best so far)

cdwheatley

I saw Star Trek myself yesterday, and look forward to these two being completed. Personally, I'm not interested in the Jellyfish or Narada, but would love to build a model of the USS Kelvin. I love your work, but is there any chance you could possibly do a bit of a re-design of your version to make it cleaner and a bit more accurate/detailed?! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Paragon

I imagine I could, but of the two designs I offer already, I thought the Kelvin was the more accurate of the two. I had the most resources available for the design of it compared to the Enterprise.

ohgodwhy

Actually, Kelvin doesn't need that much of a touch up. I recessed the plasma vents on the warp nacelle, tapered the front ends of the warp nacelle and navigational deflector a little more, and added a steppe to the primary hull strut. Looks nice with or without the modifications. Thanks again for the model, Paragon. Can't wait for the Farragut.

Paragon

Anyone have registry numbers for the Hood and Farragut? I mean canon ones, and obviously not the later Nebula-class Farragut or Excelsior class Hood.

mchale

beach boy
the farragut's # is ncc -1647 and the hood's #is ncc- 1703
both of them are of the constition class

Paragon

Well there weren't any other Constitution class ships in the fleet, just these two types (and another small one).

mchale

beach boy
hi i mean those registry #'s are from constition class ships in star trek the original series

Paragon

Alright, updated "Hood", plus a preliminary for an incredibly famous ship that we only got to see for the first time in this movie: the Kobayashi Maru. The Maru needs some work though...that shape could be completely wrong.

C

cmags

Found some more Kobayashi Maru references for you. Looks like the nacelles are lower and the primary hull more square than round:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/kobayashi-maru-neutronic-fuel-carrier.php

and:

neutronicfuel_kobyashimaru.jpg

C

cmags

Ahh, looking at your screen caps (haven't seen the movie yet - this weekend hopefully), it seems that the designers took a bit of poetic license with the KM as they did with the Enterprise. But hopefully those above images will give you some additional details as a base and you can adjust to be closer to the ST:XI version.

Paragon

I've actually seen those already, and that version of the Maru would be an interesting model too. We're actually having a little discussion about it over at Scifi-Meshes.

Millenniumfalsehood

Wait a minute, TwoK showed the Maru? I watched it just last Saturday, before I went to see the new movie, and I never saw the Kobyashi Maru, just stock footage of the Klingon Cruisers from TMP. :confused:

C

cmags

No TwoK doesn't show the KM, but the design was available as blueprints (likely in the technical manual or some such) from around that time. Maybe they designed her for the movie but never bothered to spend the money to actually build her.

Paragon

I'm pretty sure that "old" version of the Maru was just conjecture, and was never really shown. I could always pop the DVD in and look...

ohgodwhy

Don't bother Paragon. In the movie, there's a list of specs for KM that's shown briefly on the science station, but no image. I saw the images posted here in a catalog of starship blueprints that came out in '94.

Status
Not open for further replies.