Ssshhhhhhhhhhh

BLVDBUZZARD

Well I am most likely going to be in the dog house after today. I am not sure how it happened. I was just flipping pages on the the net. I was at a first hobby and the next thing I know I have ordered a Athearn FP59PHI and 5 Bombardier cars, Prodigy Advance, 3 Diesel decoders. I am just hoping that I can keep this quiet.

Now I just need to get a track set up to run it around. I will have to settle for a 4'X8' sheet for the next couple of months. Then I will have my garagre built and can build the one I want.

Dru.

shaygetz

While most of my fellow clubbers practice the "forgiveness is easier to get than permission" route, I'd rather my beloved know up front:thumb: Sooner or later you're gonna hafta cough up a dress, dinner and a movie (and I don't mean Applebee's), a weekend getaway and or all of the aboveannounce1 :D

doctorwayne

That sounds like a win/win situation to me. You should get some pleasure, one way or another, out of the dress, dinner, movie, and getaway, unless, of course, she takes them all by herself. And that would still give you more train time while she was gone.

Wayne

BLVDBUZZARD

I think the cat will be out of the bag when I am running trains around a 4X8 oval. It is just some times I feel a little guilty when I spend the cash on myself. I am sure you know what I mean.

Just looking forward to seeing them run around a track.

Dru.

Drew1125

shaygetz said:
...Sooner or later you're gonna hafta cough up a dress, dinner and a movie (and I don't mean Applebee's), a weekend getaway and or all of the aboveannounce1 :D

I got no problem coughing those up...I like all those things too!
(weeelll...maybe not the dress...:D :D :D :D )

shaygetz

BLVDBUZZARD said:
It is just some times I feel a little guilty when I spend the cash on myself. I am sure you know what I mean.

Been there, done that, bought the tee shirt and the coffee mug.:D :D :thumb:

Stu McGee

Why wait,
Mexico is nice this time of year. There are some nice resorts near Tulumm on the Rivera Maya. You significant other would like that.

BLVDBUZZARD

If I were to think about a night out to Block Buster and the golden arches, MRR stuff would be the least of my worries. Now if the Arches were a plane trip, hotel stay, different language and the need for a passport away, then maybe. The dresses are always to short and to tight when I get them for her. Diner is a given.

oldtanker

LOL.....if ya don't care about being in trouble with the other half then ya aint in trouble!!! Works for me! Its all in the training!

Now if ya follow that advice I'd suggest buying her new furniture for the living room.....be sure that includes a real comfy sofa bed....it iwll pay for itself many time over!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
I have several EBay sellers who specialize in jewelry and other trinkets that are on my saved sellers’ list that I use in an emergency. Also I recently rediscovered an old friend: a day at the spa.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I always manage to buy her something..... If later, I buy something for me - I always have something to fall back on... She never minds me buying anything - as long as she gets the things she wants too :) :)

Of course - Since the Layout is stragecially placed near the back door (where we always come & go) all she gets is a verbal "I bought (something) for the layout" :) :)

BLVDBUZZARD

Nguager, I like that idea. Mine will be in the garage that is 300 feet from the house, so slipping a few items in should not be a problem.

I just need to get a "test track" set up. A small 4x8 should do until I can get the real one started. I have the track and other stuff so I can do it without have any other things come in a brown truck.

Dru.

hooknlad

Hello Dru, I have the same problem here at this train yard. Sometimes I waive the biiding process and go for broke - literally. Needless to say, I agree with Bob, A day at the Spa gets me out of some serious spending on Ebay. Perhaps Pay for her girlfriend to go to the spa as well. Your looking at about $300 for the day spa thing. $50 for dinner, $30 movie, Having the big brown truck come over unnoticed, Priceless..... Also, You might wanna send the stuff to a different address.